CJ Admits To Not Being In Shape

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ohio2Tenn, Sep 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titan_Cam

Titan_Cam Camp Fodder

Wow.....just wow. that's like saying your child is the smartest kid in school because they aced math but failed english

best pass blocking line...maybe

but you're saying best overall in the nfl??? our run blocking has been putrid. its not even average.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

lol exactly run blocking isn't a small part of it..I was about to use an analogy and say its like saying I'm healthy I just have aids but yours works too. :wink2:

3. Bayou Titan

Bayou Titan Starter

CJ kills baby kittens and he once punched a baby in the face... on TV

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I was speaking about last season, too. Last season our line was solid in run blocking and great in pass blocking.

This year they look average at run blocking and still great at pass blocking.

--For the guys that don't understand why they'd be the best and use analogies that aren't football related-

In football, typically your o-line is either great at run blocking or pass blocking. Very rarely is it both.

The Colts have been great at pass blocking- poor at run blocking. What would you say their line ranks the past few years? Top 3 at least.

Same for the Patriots.

Few lines do both great. Actually, none that I can think of do.

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

So basically, what everyone is saying.....CJ is not affective anymore because Mawae retired two years ago. That caused a 700 yard drop off from his 2000 yard season? Yes that is believable, but it is causing him to play like that this season?

We are ONE person removed in two years when CJ ran for 2000 yards. I do not expect 2000 yards every season, but I expect more than this.

6. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

i have a degree in economics and have probably taken more statistics classes than you ever have. there is enough of a sample to show how his second year was an aberration.

7. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

Every time I've seen CJ get the ball he does one of two things:
    1. Runs straight ahead into somebody.
    2. Dances around in the backfield, as if he's waiting for clouds to part and sun beams to light the path of a big play, until he is tackled.

I'm just not sure how much of that I put on the O-Line. I mean, we didn't change that much from last year did we?

8. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

The line was among the very worst in the league in run blocking. You said this same thing in another thread and I refuted you with proof. Why do you keep saying it?

9. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

No, our run blocking was 31st last year too.

10. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

This doesn't really help us that are trying to defend CJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar