Cj 2012

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Feb 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I do not really care how many yards he gets next year, just when he gets them.

Last year for example, how many games can people remember that were won based off CJ alone?

I will take hard, chain moving runs over 20+ yard runs when the game is already over any day.

If we go into next season with a set amount of yards for CJ to get, we will probably be disappointed.

2. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

just hearing his name makes me disappointed....

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm not as hung up on total rushing yards because he can do some serious damage coming out of the backfield. He needs to be putting up 2,000 combined yards every season.

The screen game has been under-utilized because it's all about timing and Hasselbeck and CJ didn't have any before the season began. I hope we see a lot more this season. That can be a major weapon.

The thing about the run game is it has to be good enough to be respected. It wasn't last season. I don't think it's as much about total rushing yards as limiting the negative or very short gains.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm hoping for:

1300ish rushing yards & 7-10 TDs
    450ish rec yards & 1-3 TDs

and be much more effective thanks to an improved OL.

5. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

Get CJ in the open field, pronto!! He doesn't have to bust a long TD or a 30 yarder every time, but I'll take those 8 to 10 yarders any day.

6. M3gatitan

M3gatitan Camp Fodder

I believe if we fix our O-line problems then we should see Cj improve dramaticly. I noticed that after Kevin Mawae retired and we got Amano at center, his production fell off big time

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

That's fair, but he will have over 50 negative runs, I can almost promise you that. It's just a matter of are they -1yards or -5yards....
    He had those looks last year where he was alone with a defender, but he didn't do squat. That's where that guy is suppose to excel.
    Yes and no. Most of C.J.'s issues last year came from C.J.. Yes his inside blockers were a disgrace, but he himself didn't show up.

We see in Philadelphia and Seattle what a determined runner can do with average blocking, why didn't we see that from C.J.?

Is he not better than McCoy & Lynch? I would like to say he is, and that last year was a fluke. There's plenty of excuses to be made, rookie coach, lockout, holdout, scheme, etc...

I'm also hoping if we get back to 2008 form where we had a real NFL Center, and consistent blocking, that CJ2K will be back.

8. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Every team and player had to deal with the lockout so that is no excuse. Just fyi for anyone that wants to use that, or still uses that.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Okay, so maybe his total rushing yards is a bad example...

But for $13mil a year he needs to average 5 YPC.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Except that he doesn't get $13/yr or even count $13M towards the cap. But I feel you, and get your point. Dude needs to be more productive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar