Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

CJ’s fumble: Defender ‘got lucky’

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Dec 8, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. Titans Insider Titans News

DENVER Chris Johnson said he was trying to make a play, but with the Titans trailing 37-28 in the fourth quarter, disaster struck.

After catching a pass from Ryan Fitzpatrick, Johnson reversed field. He had the ball knocked out of his hands, however. The Broncos recovered at the Tennessee 32 and cashed it in for a touchdown.

“I was pretty boxed in, but me being the type of player I am, I never give up on a play,” Johnson said. “I was trying to make something happen, and there have been times in the past where I’ve made that play.

“But he got lucky and hit the ball and it came out. I would love to have the fumble back, but I’ll never fall down and give up on a play.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider
  2. SawdustMan Pro Bowler

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $12,263
    "He got lucky".... yeah that pretty much sums up exactly what's wrong with this team. That freaking 'pass the buck' mentality. It's never anyone's fault. The other guy "just got lucky". F this loser @$$ team.

Also, LMFAO @ CJ saying he never gives up on a play. That's the hardest I've laughed since Louis CK's last special.
    CalgaryTitansFan, GoT, ImTheCrew and 4 others high five this.
  3. LosingBy3 Starter

Washington
    Moolah:
    $1,799
    CJ is full of sh*t, of course he's gonna say something like that instead of just saying "Welp, we f*cked up!" and do a munchak shrug. At least then I could respect his reaction.
    cdubbs2121 and Ensconatus high five this.
  4. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $12,709
    Run backwards. Fumble.

Playmaker, I tell ya.
    GoT and Titans Eternal high five this.
  5. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $14,938
    Never gives up on a play...

Goodnight, folks.
    GoT high fives this.
  6. Dman Starter

McNair
    Moolah:
    $8,067
    completely agree with SawdustMan with the 'pass the buck' mentality here. This team needs a new mentality going forward and players need to start being held accountable for their play. Same thing with our secondary blaming the refs, and now CJ saying the player got lucky. Change needs to happen quickly!
  7. Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $9,014
    Christ CJ is such a POS, what an awful teammate.
    SawdustMan high fives this.
  8. GeronimoJackson Starter

Moolah:
    $10,194
    O-line's fault.
  9. GeronimoJackson Starter

Moolah:
    $10,194
    And considering CJ half-azzed it in trying to recover his own fumble.
    GoT high fives this.
  10. LosingBy3 Starter

Washington
    Moolah:
    $1,799
    Still not as bad as that fumble where the opposing team fumbled, our LB picked it up, and basically lateraled it back to the opposing team.