City Paper article on CJ

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by amy, Jun 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

False.

Wow. Really false. (obviously still hasn't watched the vid.)

True.

33%

I agree that we can make alot of backs look good here in Tennessee. I do agree with that. But CJ's NOT overrated and he's DEFINITELY NOT hurting us by rushing for 2000 yards. I understand the theory of clock management and how it pertains to "Fisher Ball". But regardless of how the points come, if your RB is gonna break one long, it's a good thing. Get us 7 and let the defense do what it should do. Stop someone.

Yeah CJ. You're killing us. Next season forget the 16 touchdowns. "Just move the chains."

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I can almost guarantee you that they'd give us Williams along with Slaton for CJ. We may have to give up a draft pick. No biggie. And, I'm pretty sure they'd take CJ for Andre Johnson... considering that they could deal Slaton away to someone and get another quality receiver. Running backs are more valuable than receivers.

I'm sort of leaning with JC on this one... I don't see any sort of deal in which I'd be willing to give up CJ unless it was for Andre Johnson, Mario Williams, and Steve Slaton. And wow, if that happened, we'd instantly become a top 5 team.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

C.J. led the league in broken tackles Deuce. Look:

1. Chris Johnson, Tennessee, 61
    2. Ray Rice, Baltimore, 57
    3. Adrian Peterson, Minnesota, 56.
    4. Maurice Jones-Drew, Jacksonville, 52
    5. Steven Jackson, St. Louis, 50
    6. Jonathan Stewart, Carolina, 46
    7. DeAngelo Williams, Carolina, 40
    7. Rashard Mendenhall, Pittsburgh, 40
    9. Fred Jackson, Buffalo, 35
    10. Knowshon Moreno, Denver, 33

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/05/02/offseason/2.html

4. Kent

Kent Camp Fodder

Deuce, I am having a hard time taking you serious here.
    Pac man Jones career offensive numbers are a follows:
    2 receptions 31 yards
    2 rushes 8 yards
    Hardly explosive. 4 offensive plays in 2 years? The fact is Tennessee has never had a back and or offensive player like Johnson. Every fan should be pitching a fit that he is not signed to a reasonable contract. He deserves the money; he is the very best back in the league bar none. He is tuff, he does not fumble, he gets the tuff yards and he is not in trouble!!
    THE FACTS ARE WITH JOHNSON THE TITANS ARE IN THE PLAY OFF HUNT WITH A LITTLE LUCK, WITH OUT HIM 8-8 at the very best!

0 -- 0 0 0

TOTAL 39 2 0.1 8 4.0 0.2 0 7 1 50.0 0 0 0

5. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

a RB shouldnt be the reason a team makes the playoffs or not, IMO that should be the QB position.

This team is screwed up if we are making this offense around CJ. we need a franchise QB that will give us many playoff runs no matter who we have as weapons. I'll trade Cj right now for Peyton Manning. Manning will still be getting his team to the playoffs while CJ is a 3rd string back up down the road.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

The "broken tackles" stat isn't useful because it counts JUKES as broken tackles... which is stupid.

If anyone gets a finger on CJ's shoe he falls over. LMAO @ dude saying he can pound the ball. Yeah. Ok. Show me THAT video.

Kent- WITH him we were 8-8, so I have no idea what you're trying to say. It wasn't until Vince came back that we won the 8. CJ was there losing just as good as the rest of the team in the first 8.

7. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

No. They would not give up a elite 25 year old DE, and a decent running back for a player that plays a position that is more easily replaceable than DE, and has a shorter lifespan. Same goes for Andre, he is the best receiver in the NFL today, and will be a beast for years to come, for CJ who is unreal now, but would probably be far leas unreal behind the Texans line, and wear down way faster. I would give up CJ for Andre Johnson OR Mario Williams in a heartbeat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar