City of Heroes/City of Villains

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by titanbuoy, Feb 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Continuing a trend, I find myself a good 4 or 5 years behind the curve when it comes to video games (I was still playing Diablo II as late as last summer). Over the past week or two I picked up a copy of City Of Heroes/Villains and I'm really enjoying dealing out some mighty justice :)).

Does anyone here still play COH? If not, did anyone play the game back when it first came out and have any thoughts?

The servers are down for regularly scheduled maintenance, or I'd be playing right now :geek:

2. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Your indifference has been duly noted.

:))

3. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I absolutely loved COH .... I have at 3 characters at level 50 (highest level you can attain).

I have not played it in a year and my membership laps but they still keep your guys on the server even years after you stop.

My Scrapper Apedemaks Keeper use to be a prize to any team she was on. I almost soloed a respec mission with her. Though at the end I could not keep the reactor safe.

I have two level 50 scrappers and a level 50 controller.

A level 47 blaster Blazing Arrow :yes:

I would recommend the game but it takes time and in the beginning you completely suck. Until about level 22 you really do not feel very super and until level 14 or 16 you do not get a travel power.

The world is huge and allot of side stories to follow. You can basically pick and chose your missions so you can sculp your hero the way you want. They have events at xmas and Halloween. A giant pumpkin monster that attacks the city.

I was never big on city of villains. It is fun but when I played it was glitchy.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I never played CoH but I did play CoV for about 4 months, I guess probably about a year ago at this time. Had a group of 4 or 5 friends I played with regularly so that added to the enjoyment, but I will say out of any MMO i've played CoV has probably been the most "fun".

I did think it got repetitive after awhile with the missions. But I guess pretty much any game is going to be repetitive after months of playing it.

As far as travel powers, if you know where the right missions are you can choose a temporary power as a reward earlier than you choose your permanent power, if I remember correctly. Temporary rocket packs and such.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Oh, I'll add that this game has one of the best character creators for an MMO I've ever seen.

Part of the fun in this game was walking around and seeing how different all the characters looked, very creative. In other MMOs that is nearly completely lost because every character basically looks the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar