Cincy gonna be a HUGE challenge....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TNTitans58, Oct 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeatADeadColt

BeatADeadColt Camp Fodder

We're gonna beat Cincy. Cincy sucks. Don't let their record fool you, and I won't let it fool me. K?

Three things you can count on: Death. Taxes. And a W against the Bungals.

2. BeatADeadColt

BeatADeadColt Camp Fodder

Finnegan's gonna give "The other AJ" a crash course in NFL football.

Not even worried about him.

Yeah they have good corners. Whatever, corners don't make a team.

I bet we see the Jared Cook we saw in Cleveland. This would be a great oppurtunity to break him out.

3. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Cincinnati is not going to be easy.

They have drafted very well the last couple years.

4. pettso

pettso Starter

I wouldn't be surprised if they came to our house and beat us. If Munchak isn't able to fix the run game (which will be extremely difficult to do against the Bengals, their D-line is really solid against the run) I can't see us putting up enough points to keep up with them.

If we can't get the run game going:
    Cinci wins 24-14
    If we can:
    Titans win 20-17

IMO anyway.

We do stack up pretty nicely though. Their running game isn't the best and our secondary is pretty solid so I'm hoping we'll be able to keep AJ Green and Jerome Simpson in check.

5. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Keeping AJ Green and Jerome Simpson in check will be the key.

Also keep the carries on offense the same as they were against Indy.Use Ringer and Harper more.

6. BNails21

BNails21 Starter

Kenny Britt must have made a hell of a recovery.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

7. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

i watched cincy yesterday after titans. wasnt watching intensely but i saw a lot of dalton escaping the pocket making plays in space.

D keeping containment, in terms of limiting him to the pocket, is about as big as a concern as the run game. if he gets out, those receivers you guys talk about will have time to get open.

we need both lines to step up.

I made a comment before the season started, regarding the line. They said they want to get 'bigger' and while im all for finding your ideal playing weight, that will never overshadow talent.

Right now, i want to see more stunts and movement on the line. i would really like when cincy comes to LP to have more Klug, Casey, Morgan, and Jones playing at the same time, with Ball in and out as usual. That seems to be when we are at our best.

Smith is only good when the runner runs into him and he is able to engulf him. Hayes could be good but is inconsistent and seemingly always injured.

also, im loving our CBs right now. I know the colts suck, but the trio look real good when on the field together. i only saw finny and j-mac get beat once each - i could be wrong - but thts wat i remember. and ATV played solid alllll game as usual.

8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

The bengals have really only played bad teams...I'm not too concerned.

9. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

If Dalton is able to throw on us its gonna be a long day.

Also this is the only game we have that season that doesn't start noon but 3pm

10. Skyline

Skyline Starter

Bengals fan here (although I live in Nashville). Just wanted to check in and see what your thoughts were up to this point.

If you want to beat us, your best bet will be throwing the ball downfield. We have a very solid, fundamentally sound defense with a great d-line rotation. Our weakness is that our CBs give up way too many explosive, big gain pass plays.

I'm optimistic about this game from a Bengals perspective, but I could very easily see it going either way depending on which Titans team decides to show up this Sunday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar