Chuck cecil

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 757Titan, May 28, 2010.

?
  1. Top 10, destroying offenses

8 vote(s)
    21.6%
  2. Middle of the pack

24 vote(s)
    64.9%
  3. 2009 first 6 games

5 vote(s)
    13.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 24

24 Starter

Look for our DL to improve significantly. More pressure = better secondary. We've also gotten smaller/quicker in our LB corps. I'm actually worried our run defense might've gotten worse.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Our run stop should be better. Bulluck was never a great run stuffer, and McRath is very good for a second year player who had limited action his rookie year. Morgan comes in also to help stuff runs, and Hayes rotating in at DE is also good for stopping the run. Jason Jones can penetrate, and supposedly Jovan Haye is worthwhile. So I'm not worried about slowing down RB's. Except MJD 2X a year, that guy is a problem.

3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

stopping a RB really isnt an issue for us, getting to a passing QB on a 3 step drop kills us. I hope Morgan can change that.

4. JCBRAVE

^We flow to the ball extremely well, that's always been Titans defense.

5. CoastGuardVol

CoastGuardVol Camp Fodder

I really think that the addition of Morgan is going to step our D line enough to make us better than last season. I do agree with the point that we will stop the run well, the question is slowing down the passing attack. Again as quick as D. Morgan seems I think that it will get better the deeper into the season we go.

6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I think that getting Jason Jones back will have as big of an impact as Morgan. When Jones was healthy he was a monster. Remember him filling in for Big Al? I think he had 3 sacks against the Steelers.

I think with a healthy Morgan, Brown, Jones, and Ford...with some solid backups you have a very good defensive line. If they all play at a high level a top 10 dline easily.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. JCBRAVE

If we lose Jason Jones again to injury to hell with him and his potential. This guy is part of why most of us weren't worried about Haynesworth leaving. We need his production so others can come on. Jones is ready, he was ready a while ago, but if he can't see the field what good is that... I hate relying on people who don't show up. He may have actually set us back 2 years, because of his potential to be a stud.

8. Ewker

Ewker Starter

most 1st yr DC don''t do that well. Looking for better things but I still think we are in the middle of the pack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar