Christian Ponder

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Oct 4, 2012.

1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Yeah. good point.

As for Pennington, he, at any stage of his career, was a better QB than what we've had since McNair had his last good season in 2003.
  2. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

Agreed, I think one of the things that lured Has here was his relationship with Jake prior to being a Titan. We just offered him the chance to groom his friend.

As far as hindsight goes, you never pass on a guy that has the potential of being a franchise QB, we didn't and got burned with Vince. I don't think that is the case with Jake, I think hes going to be a great QB in the future.
  3. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Starter

Speaking of Chas Pennington, anyone else surprised to find out he has a career 90 QB rating?
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE All-Pro Tip Jar Donor

Really?!?! I did not realize that. He did always play better than most people expected.
  5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Chad P was always pretty good. Just hurt every other snap.
  6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

No, not surprised. He was a very good QB. And, still after all those injuries, he still fought back to being a top 10 QB. I have nothing but positive things to say about him other than that he usually mauled the titans when playing us.
  7. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Not really. Pennington was always a very smart and accurate QB and was able to offset his physical limitations with those qualities. I've always said that out of all the active and recently retired QB's I think he would make the best QB coach/offensive coordinator.
  8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO Tip Jar Donor

[​IMG]
  9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Nope. Not surprising at all. In fact, I already knew that because I used it as an example to mention all the QBs with higher ratings than Favre - just to show how insanely overrated Favre has always.

Pennington is the NFL's most accurate passer of all time... numbers wise.
  10. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Starter

Just like the same post in the other thread I sent you. How many rings does pennington have? Stats mean absolutely nothing!