Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Christian Ponder

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Oct 4, 2012.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Hunter
    Moolah:
    $9,783
    Will you please keep comments about Locker in threads about him? you've made it very clear how you feel without mentioning it in multiple threads.
    Anthony4Titans, acqua7 and afcsouthdom high five this.
  1. TitansWillWin2 Starter

McNair 2
    Moolah:
    $37,642
    This was a relevant post imo. We were discussing drafter locker or ponder and this was a fact as to why maybe drafting ponder may have been a better idea. Even though I would much rather have Locker!
  2. The Hammer I already got half a buzz on

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $10,981
    Ponder was a classic safe pick, outside of the injuries. There was not a lot of downside with him. Not a lot of upside either. Basically you are looking at another Chad Pennington.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

McNair
    Moolah:
    $5,133
    Pennington? No way dude that guy could break his nose firing off a snot rocket. He was easily one of the most fragile players in the game, he got a career ending injury playing a pick up basketball game? WTH?:injured:

Ponder is a lot tougher than Pennington, the characters from My Little Pony, are tougher than Pennington.:biglaugh:
    • Tip Jar Donor

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,357
    Ponder will get crushed on Sunday. His stock will fall.
  3. JCBRAVE Welcome to my world, now sit down and listen up

Casey
    Moolah:
    $210,073
    I will never forget when Pennington was still in NY, he juked a LB out of his socks for a TD.
  4. The Hammer I already got half a buzz on

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $10,981
    Give it time bro. Pennington was not always that way.He did not get that way until a few years in the league. Check back on Ponder in a few years. There is already too much damage done. "oooh oooh, the damage done"

5. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $1,622
    Exactly. He'd have Britt, Washington, Damian, and Cook to throw to! All better than the targets the Vikings have (other have Harvin is better than Damian). Our pass blocking OL added to give him time to throw the ball, oh boy. That'd be nice.
  6. nickmsmith has the most poverty RB corp.

Reynaud
    Moolah:
    $5,117
    JJ watt was undoubtedly a better pick for us at that point, in retrospect.

Look where we are: terrible defense, not much pressure on QBs, same veteran we'd have starting if we never drafted Locker at all.

Hindsight's 20/20. If we had taken Ngata over Young and Watt over locker, we'd be probably the best defense in the league. Instead, we're one of the worst on both sides of the ball. Throwing away draft pick after draft pick on the DT/DE position, and not one that we've drafted has been "THE answer." Casey shows a little promise, but he's not a game changer. Morgan was a waste of a 1st round pick. He's done nothing that any average DE couldn't do.
  7. JCBRAVE Welcome to my world, now sit down and listen up

Casey
    Moolah:
    $210,073
    We almost had no choice but to take Jake at 8.

We cut Vince, Kerry retired, and Rusty is Rusty. There was no guarantee we'd be able to sign Hasselbeck.
    GeronimoJackson high fives this.