Christian Ponder..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanup1982, Oct 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Oh not this, you need to watch the Titans more garbage. I've watched every Titans game at least twice for the past few years.

Also Choice has never run for more than 100 yards! There's a nice stat you can add to your YPC total. The dude gets like 70 carries a year and has averaged like 5 a game for his career. You can't compare him and his stats to CJ's. If Choice comes in and starts and produces we can talk.

They were drafted the same year, CJ has 1000 carries, Tashard has 250.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?p=750342#post750342

Your trolling is pathetic lately. I stated many many times that I would be cool with trading CJ if we could get some good picks.

The difference between CJ and Tashard Choice is that one has been an elite starter in the NFL while the other has been a mediocre role player. Even you can figure out which is which.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Did you even see Tashard Choice play yesterday? 2 carries, 1 for 7 and 1 for 1 yard with a fumble lost. Did you see what his teammate did?? Hint: he averaged 6 more yards per carry with 23 more carries than Choice.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I didn't say watch more Titans games. I said watch something OTHER than Titans games.

Cool. So let's project carries:

Given the same amount of carries CJ has had, Choice's yards come to: 4,682

vs

Oh yeah. Leaps and bounds better. My mistake...

Unless we're just ignoring efficiency. Is that what we're doing?

You know what causes these problems? It's not me overrating Choice. It's you guys overrating Chris Johnson. So when you see an average player is just as efficient it blows your mind.

5. Deuce Wayne

Yeah. CJ had 10 for 18 yesterday while Ringer had 3 for 30+ too...

Still wanting to do this?

There's a simple counter for every weak point you have.

6. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

LMAO!!! you actually think you can take a very small amount of carries, and just multiply it by 4 times the workload and expect the same results?? WTF?

7. Deuce Wayne

I'm comparing efficiency.

Since he hasn't been force-fed the ball, do you know of a better way to do it?

8. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

There is really no way to compare a player who has 1/4 of the carries unless he has a streak in his career of multiple games where he got the load of carries so we could at least see how he handled it.

9. Deuce Wayne

So the only way to do it is take projected carries.

I used to do the same thing with Bradshaw vs CJ.

I guess that didn't work either. Not as if he's... oh wait.

10. Maker_84

Maker_84 Starter

Ponder is decent but he doesn't compare to jake locker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar