Christian Ponder??

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by turnNburn, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

While the Titans FO can't really do more than guess where other teams have Ponder or any other QB ranked they can easily pick out the teams that have a serious need at QB so they know what teams could take the guy they want in the 2nd round .

First it starts with what teams do in the 1st round. Assuming Newton and Gabbert are off the board when we pick two teams needing a QB just dropped off. We know they won't pick our guy ahead of us in the 2nd round.

Problem is there are 5 teams ahead of us who have a real need for a QB, two teams that pick just after us and Seattle who picks 25th. That is assuming a team like Denver won't pull the trigger if they really like a guy like Gabbert and grab him or trade that pick to a team behind us.

I think the best move is to call NE up who has the first pick in the 2nd round and see if they will take a 4th to swap 2nd rounders if guys like Kaepernick, Ponder and maybe even Locker are going to be available. Great deal for them because so many QBs will go between their pick and ours they can still get the guy they want anyway. That jumps us ahead of Buffalo, Cincy and Zona in the 2nd. Moving up ahead of Seattle in the first would cost us at least our 2n, 3rd picks and probably a pick next year.

2. 24

24 Starter

He is in the top 32, there's an updated one in that same thread. Wow, you're really missing on everything.

And, if this is your pathetic way of admitting you're wrong, then fine. I'll take it. Even though the article clearly states that's exactly what they do.

I just want to end it with this, because clearly I'm not going to convince you. Numbers don't ever tell the whole story. You can point to his 61.5% completion percentage (68.8% before the injury), injury history, etc., but there's no such thing as the perfect prospect (Drew Brees was 61.1% at Purdue BTW). Every guy will have something wrong with him. Watch the film, then judge him. He does stuff that VY still doesn't do after 5 years in the NFL.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Speaking of 2nd round talents, what do you guys think about FSU LG Rodney Hudson? He was a major factor in Ponder's success. I like Hudson, but not sure if he's worth our 2nd round pick. He's defiantly one of my top 5 lineman I'm hoping we land. Hudson's size 6-2 / 291 is his biggest draw back, he also whiffs or pancakes you. But on the Titans under Bruce Matthews & Mike Munchak, he could be a beast real fast. If he somehow falls into the 3rd round, we BETTER draft this kid.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HOIZbQKOQL8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. 24

24 Starter

Plays big, despite his size. I think he'd be better off in a zone blocking scheme though. I'm pretty sure he'll go in the 2nd, the film on him is too good. He'd be great value in the 3rd though.

5. JCBRAVE

Rodney Hudson doesnt miss games, has a nasty side, but NEVER draws flags, I love that!

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Eh...Maybe he's the 1 good player from that O-line, but man...

that oline was so piss poor it's hard to want to draft anyone that had anything to do with it.

7. JCBRAVE

Hudson made that line, and gave up 1 sack as far as I know last year. Many people think he's a better inside lineman than the 2nd Pouncey brother.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I wouldn't take credit for that line. lol They almost got Ponder killed every snap.

Maybe the others were just really bad.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Hudson look OK but he isn't dominant by any means. Gets to the 2nd level fairly well to wall off LBs. Decent at the point of attack but not great.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

FYI that on this thread Duece proclaimed Ponder the best QB in the draft "by far" but then in a thread he himself started ranked Ponder only third and Stanzi #1.

Confusion does not = analysis.

If Ponder, locker, Stanzi, Dalton are all available when we pick in rd 2 i want Stanzi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar