Christian Ponder??

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by turnNburn, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Everybody wants to compare Ponder to Pennington. The 2 guys i think of in comparison are Tim rattay and Steve Walsh.

Rattay was a smart accurate guy who never had the arm to be a frontline nfl QB. He had 8 more Tds than ints and he completed 60% of his passes and his career 82 passing rating is hardly horrific but was he an effective starting caliber guy? No.

How about Steve Walsh the Qb who won national championships for Miami? The Cowboys thought enough of him to use a supplemental 1st on him even though they had already drafted Troy Aikman.

Walsh was smart, accurate and had good leadership abilities. But he never had a good career because his arm just wasn't strong enough.

2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Why must we draft a qb? Especially since you even admit he may not start. What would be wrong with signing a McNabb or Hasselbeck and signing Collins to backup while we develop Rusty?

Why? Mallet has red flags but he has the best arm and comes from a pro style offense. If his red flags check out mallet is the best qb in the draft. If they don't, he's made his bed and will have to live with it.

Ponder is smart but not as accurate, doesn't have a strong arm and is an injury waiting to happen.

Gut

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gut makes a good point. If they believe Mallett is the best guy take him and live with the consequences. Same for Newton or Gabbert. All 3 have the kind of size and arm needed to play in this league at a high level.

Guys like Stanzi and Ponder have questionable arms and have injury histories so they are not even in that same category.

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Then get one from both categories.

5. 24

24 Starter

That's a joke.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Ponder's arm is not THAT weak. It's being extremely overblown.

He can throw the ball 60 yards. Sorry. That's good enough in the NFL and it's plenty to put any kind of zip you want on intermediate passes.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. 24

24 Starter

Exactly, he was playing with an injured elbow, go look at his junior film. He had plenty of arm strength, and he showed it at the combine.

Haha, you realize how this whole thing started right? I said "I hope he falls to us in the second". Was that too convoluted for you? Then you make some ridiculous statement like "even his biggest supporters don't want him in the first", which in reality has nothing to do with how good I think he'll be.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The subject of another thread was after the combine which QB do you want? It wasn't what if this or that happens.

You yourself admitted he is likely to go late first rd. So we have to trade 2 other picks to move up with our 2nd to take him?

You have duece on your side buddy. Analyst extraordinary!

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Oh yeah? And what is the hang time?

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

A thread asked this simple question. Which QB would you like the Titans to draft?

24's response..

No qualifiers there. But seriously if you think this is the best QB in the whole damn draft, and we sure need a QB, then surely you would take him with the 8th pick. Why take a chance on somebody else getting him instead? Why allow some other team to have the next Johnny Unitas?

And i would sure love to read 24's draft day strategy. At what pick and with whom do you plan on making those trade offers? You have 15 minutes to make that deal. Seriously i want to know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar