Chris Simms is back in Tennessee

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Lava, Apr 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

he missed one game in 07!!

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

And hobbled around for several others... He was affected by injury in 07.

3. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Injuries are the plight of the mobile QB, running out of the pocket and taking big shots. This is why we need to develop another QB, like we did with Volek, instead of depending on shaky veterans past their prime. This past season, it became painfully obvious that Collins is past his, and Simms never had one to begin with. They no longer make for good insurance policies and they do not have a future here. I would rather see them both gone. The youth movement must continue!

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

You're right. One game passing the ball completely changes my mind about Vince being a game manager.

On the same note, Michael Vick was a great passer because of those 2 games he had where he threw for over 300 yards!

5. soopacee

soopacee I'm Blaine Bishop

dont we still have John David Booty?....not that it matters lol

6. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

You stated that Vince is only a game manager! I was just giving you 2 examples of where he wasn't just that. I can give u more games to prove this if you would like?

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

More wasted money on a total BUSTER! Why would we want this fool over Collins? If he's 3rd string, why him over a late round draft pick!?!

We suck.

8. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Booty is now with the Texans.

9. Fishman35

Fishman35 Starter

First of all, it took an entire team effort to lose the first 6 last year, you cannot put that all on Collins. I also agree that we are going to need a mobile QB for this offense. The Titan is basically two plays, with a play action pass here and there:

• Hand the rock to CJ, and White at the goal line (sometimes)
    • Short screens to the flat or middle to TE's and WRs

The Titans will never be a long ball team, at least not consistantly, until they get a pocket QB, (if they ever do). VY just isn't a Manning\Brees type QB, which I think Bud Adams prefers. I think many Titan fans think VY sucks because he does not air out pretty 50 yrd bombs every other play, The Titans are just not that kind of team. Thanks God for CJ. He keeps what would otherwise be a boring offense exciting.

10. tenforthewin

tenforthewin Camp Fodder

There is absolutely no guarantee Simms will be on the opening day roster. He is probably only being signed so the Titans have some leverage for Collins to renegotiate his deal, or just some competition so he doesn't think he has the backup job locked up already. Also, don't doubt that a late round draft pick could end up beating one or both of them out. I think it's pretty apparent the Titans will be drafting a QB at some point in the draft.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar