Chris Polk would be perfect.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by BeatADeadColt, Nov 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeatADeadColt

BeatADeadColt Camp Fodder

Let's get this out of the way before people start commenting, it's way toooo early to start talking about the draft.

Thank you, I know.

But when Kenny Britt went down we had tons of threads on WRs in the draft next year popping up. It is a good year for WRs... Justin Blackmon, Alshon Jeffrey, Nick Toon, Ryan Broyles.... All first round talents. There's a couple I'm missing too because I don't follow college so closely.

BUT what people don't seem to get.... Kenny Britt's coming back. He's hurt. Not dead. Damian Williams is coming along nicely, Wash has always been a solid #2. Got high hopes for Donnie Avery. And with all the elite WR prospects coming out this year, I bet there's gonna be some pretty nice dudes falling to the mid-rounds.

So let's talk about RBs.

One guy in particular has caught my eye. Chris Polk.

First of all he's a great runner.
    Stats for this year so far: Attempts: 183 Yards: 1016 Average: 5.6 Long: 61 TDs: 9

That's not a one year wonder either, his past two seasons have been damn near identical.

He has speed to go the distance, but he's also 222lbs at only 5'11.

He's also a threat to catch the ball out of the backfield, already has 250 yards recieving and 3TDs this season.

And what I like the most... He's from WashU. Played with Jake Locker for three years. Jake's probably gonna start at some point next year. It'd be nice to see them paired back up. I bet playing together would make the transition to the NFL a lot easier on both of them.

And what I like second most. With Ray Graham, LaMichael James, Nick Barnor, and Richardson all coming into the draft this year, there's a very good chance this dude will drop to the second round.

Kind of like remember how the Eagles drafted Jeremy Maclin, and then still got to pick up LeSean McCoy in the second round.

This would be a steal of that proportion.

Anybody know Jake Locker personally? Tell him to start champing up his homeboy. It's never too early.

I also wouldn't be upset with Trent Richardson (Lol, who would? Dude's a BEAST) of Alabama, but we'd have to use our first round pick forsure, and he might even go too high for us.

Not so high on LaMicheal James. CJ's made me hate speed backs. But really, we need something at that position. Probably our biggest need heading into the offseason.

2. Moon1

Moon1 Starter

Our first and second round picks should be offensive lineman. We can start discussing investing more money in another rb after we put somebody up front that can open holes.

3. BeatADeadColt

Our O-line works just fine for Ringer and Hasselbeck.

It worked just fine last year. Don't know how it suddenly became such a huge issue.

I admit Amano's horrible. But the Eagles got Kelce in the fifth round.

Wasting a first and second on more O-lineman would be just that. waste.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Moon1

Moon1 Starter

In what world is our offensive line working just fine? It's working fine for Ringer who is only averaging 3.5 ypc? Our line has not been good since Mawae retired and Scott just keeps getting worse. Bashing CJ for playing bad is justified but to act like the line is making huge holes and he is missing them is ridiculous.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. BeatADeadColt

Why you wanna know what world I'm living in? You tryin to hook up? I'm not down.

Ringer wouldn't get more than 3.5 yards per carry behind any O-line in this league.

It's just a matter of getting a new center. Could be adressed in free agency or any other round in the draft.... No need to draft an entire new O-line. That's dumb.

BTW, nothing's ridiculous on the interweb. Chillax homie, smoke a blunt.

6. pettso

pettso Starter

As much as I would like to discuss this and I think it is not a half bad idea... there is absolutely no way the FO even considers drafting a RB in the first 2-3 rounds. They used a 3rd on Harper (or was it a 4th?) and they spent $53 million on CJ this year. They would be admitting massive failure on both counts. 0% chance it happens.

If they have any hints that Kenny Britt won't be the same player after his knee surgery, even the slightest inclination that he may decline, they have to go WR 1st round or pick up a big name FA (possibly Bowe). They need to provide Locker with high quality targets, he'll need some help when he first gets started. If he's really our QB of the future, we need to build around him and not CJ.

Outside of that we need help in a lot of areas... MLB, SS/FS, D-Line, O-Line come to mind. We need a playmaker on defense, I would love to get a leader - someone like Bulluck - to play LB in the first round. Not sure who that would be yet though.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I thought Jake didn't have any players at Washington and now somebody wants to draft his RB. Whatever.

I don't care if they cut or trade Chris Johnson we should under no circumstances draft a RB with those first 2 picks. Let's improve the rest of the team. MLB and O-line in the first 2 rounds and another O-lineman later.

8. BeatADeadColt

Admitting failure is wayyyyyy better than pretending you didn't fail and not do anything about it. But yo I love Jamie Harper. I really wanna see him get a chance. Don't know why he's only got five touches in the regular season. Incidentally he's the only back to not have been stuffed in the backfield. Even on just five touches. Lol.

But see that's the thing.. You said about Dwayne Bowe. Vincent Jackson's also a free agent next year. So is Stevie Johnson. So is Desean Jackson. There are soooooooo many good WRs in the NFL. If this team would just spend some damn money, it wouldn't be an issue at all. And I don't even think ours are half-bad. Let's give Damian the rest of the season before we judge. He's already glimmering, I bet he shines by the end of it.

Ehhhh. There's so many positions we "need", it's hard to key in on just one. But RB seems to be the most crucial. We really have nobody to put on the field, and point blank, if we can't run the ball. We're not going anywhere.

That's also why I brought this up. I said Chris Polk and not Ray Graham, Trent Richardson, or LaMichael James. I think he'll be around in the second round as long we're drafting somewhat early. Or at least in the first half. I think we will be. Not to say I've given up on this season, but I've given up on this season.

I think the first pick should be a DE. I can't think of a name, I don't follow college heavily. But we get no pass rush whatsoever, and JJ will probably even be gone next year.

Draft should look like this in my ideal world.

1st.) DE
    2nd) RB (Polk)
    3rd) C
    4) WR

the rest are irrelevant.

9. BeatADeadColt

Who said that? I didn't. I didn't even like the Locker pick. I was going for Fairley in the first, and Mallet or Dalton (Really I wanted Mallet, but now that Dalton showed and proved I say "and Dalton" lol) in the second. Ha. I'm just rollin with him now cuz he is our QB, and he did look good in the preseason. Gotta give everyone a chance.

When you have so many issues who's to say what's the most important issue? Plus didn't we just draft Ayers and McGrath last year. Let's chill on the linebackers.

DL and RB in this draft.

There's really nothing that wrong with our offesive line outside of Amano. The CJ apologists have you guys all completely fooled.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

A lot of people said that about Locker. Doesn't matter if you personally said it.

Mcgrath is in his 3rd season so i'm not sure where you have been there. He is a backup role player on the outside.

Ruud has a one year deal, if they don't believe Mccarthy is an upgrade they should draft an upgrade. Donta Hightower would be that type of guy.

Jake Scott is in the last year of his contract and it would be nice to get a better run blocker for that right guard spot. We have committed little draft capital to the o-line position since we used a high 2nd for Roos in 05. Now is the time to do that. We drafted 3 D-linemen last year. I expect us to do something similar in this next draft.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar