Chris Palmer

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by wrench248, Dec 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Understand, but why on earth would you call a fade route to the end zone on a 3rd and 1, in the red zone, 3 minutes left, down by 5 with the most prolific offense, as well as your defense (that has been on the field for most of the game) on the sideline ready to come back in? This is so "common sense" that even I see it....

Worst case is what happened...incomplete, loss of downs. BEST CASE would have been TD with just under 3 minutes left, the most prolific offense in the NFL ready to come in against a tired defense, down by 2 with 2 timeouts and the two minute warning.

Neither case had a high likelihood of working well for us...that is not bad luck, that is very bad situational coaching IMO.

Stupid stupid stupid play is what I posted on the game day thread, and my opinion has not changed one bit. That was nothing short of bonehead stupid...simple as that.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Rational, you say.......
    3 minutes to go in the first half.
    Need to get some first downs and use some clock because we get the ball back at the beginning of the second half. The last thing you want to do is give the Saints the ball back. The entire game plan was to keep their O off of the field.
    A good time to run it.
    1st down = pass play. 2nd down= pass play. 3rd down= run. 4th down= punt.
    Saints get the ball back with plenty of time, too much time.
    Drive and kick a field goal.
    (Think about it......the score when we got the ball back for the last drive COULD have been 17-19 and Bironas has a chip shot for the win.)
    Coulda-shoulda-woulda I know.

The running play for no gain in question here.....
    STUPID!!!! We had NO TIME OUTS.

He didn't audible to that. You are reaching now.
    Besides, watch the replay....there was no audible at the line.

3. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Title: Chris Palmer

Response: SUCKS

/end thread

4. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Hmmmm.....I just watched Aaron Rodgers take a safety on a pass play from his own one. Stuff happens. Coach Palmer didn't have a helmet on today.

5. CheeseheadTitan

Hmmm....Green Bay is up 46-9, so big deal.

Maybe Palmer should have worn a helmet earlier in life then....

6. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Is Palmer a relative of yours or something?!?!?:lol:

7. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

LOL.....Nah :eek:

It's funny, usually I don't post here on game day (I learned, I read) because too many emotions are flying around. The minions have proved me right today. :D

8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Yeah I loved the way they finally put Jamie Harper in and not as a powerback, but as a WR.

9. CheeseheadTitan

I am not being emotional about this, it is simply common sense. That fade route call was stupid for the reasons I have already posted, simple as that.

Between what I saw today and what I have read from folks like Skitch who have been at the games (seeing the clusterf#$% around getting plays called, etc) I think that Palmer needs to exit after this season, while Locker is still impressionable. No emotion to this....

10. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I was going to create a new topic about our moronic OC, and his douchebaggery, but you beat me to it.

With 3 minutes left and 3rd and 1, you MUST go for the first down first and foremost, the fade alone should cost this idiot his job. Not to mention that stupid draw up the middle with CJ with almost no chance for him to get out of bounds since it was designed to go up the middle... what were there like 40 seconds left at that time?

WTF is with not clocking the ball and just letting time drain away? It looked just like the end of the Cincy game, I was jumping off the couch and screaming in agony at the doucebaggery I was witnessing.

I thought Palmer was killed at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark, remember when his face melted? How the hell is he our coach.

Much, please send this old steaming pile back to the grave!!!

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar