Chris Palmer

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Nov 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Oh no you don't, you're not getting by me with the c0ckamamie. The reason we sucked in the 2nd half isn't cause of what you're saying, it's cause they kept their drives alive, whereas we could not. Simple really. It's the same reason we led at the half. Our offesne sputtered, and theirs shinned.

2. therealtrueblue

therealtrueblue Camp Fodder

This whole coaching staff needs to go. In fact they never should have been here in the first place. If you truly want to take a team in another direction are you going to hire a HC that was on the past staff? the very same staff whose head coach you just fired?......

NO!!! this front office has just been one big epic fail aside from a few lucky moments

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

You dont think that had anything to do with them getting comfortable due to our vanilla D?

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. JCBRAVE

We had no choice. It was either keep blitzing tired guys who were tripping over Klug, or keep them back to aid in dealing with AJ Green. It was a losing battle either way.

The only way we stood a chance was to play keep up with them once they got going, but Cook took care of that.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I don't believe that on either side of the ball.

We had our way with them. And we stopped doing everything that worked to go in to Fisher ball.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

Doesn't matter what we do if we don't get to differ til the 2nd half. Don't you know a Mike Munchak team has never won a game where they started with the ball?

Listen to the post game interviews, and you'll hear all the guys talk about finishing games. They know it was on them and not the coaches.

7. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

someone needs to post the play by play of the 2nd half because I'm almost positive we blitzed a few times in the 2nd half and they burned us. There is no point in blitzing if no one can get off their block. If the offense has 6 blockers like the Bengals did most of the time (center, 2 guards, 2 tackles, runningback) and we send 6 defenders like we were doing, and no one can beat 1 on 1 blocking, which our offensive line can't, than the result is our defensive backs getting toasted which is what happened.

8. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

We came out in the second half and decided for some reason CJ could magically run up the middle. We completely changed the way were using him...the D played on its heels the whole second half.

And just for arguments sake, let's assume I am wrong and we did not change the game plan...the fact then is we just were terribly out coached in the second half and spanked...hard....and often.

Our secondary looked like they were a bunch of freaking rookies the way they were banging each other rather than the opposing WRs. That 3rd and 18 that they threw to Green where Griffin and someone clocked each other while Green just went up and got the ball was embarrassing and should be a "Come On Man" highlight. I mean...really???

Come On Man...

9. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Cj got 4 carries the second half all up the middle. Ran to the weakness of the line. I never saw any blitzing in the second half. I did see us play zone and off Green by over ten yards. And that 3rd and 18 zone looked just like fisher! I am with Duece on this one!

41 passes 18 runs, that is not like fisher maybe but if you look at that stat you would think we are down 17 7 at the half. Again I think hasslebeck has been great but you can see the more he throws it the less effective he is.............age! Last point is we have the worst safeties in the league. Ready to see the campbell kid and maybe Johnson off the practice squad cant be any worse. Please do something different on defense tomorrow or this gets ugly!

10. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

The most annoying thing about this team is 3rd and longs, it's like we try to let them convert.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar