Chris Palmer lost the game for us

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Victory1993, Dec 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Actually, I still think folks would have questioned that call. You have third and less than a yard, with 3 minutes left in the game and the NFL's most prolific offense on the sideline ready to come into the game. Why would you go for a TD then? Even if he had scored there is at least a fair chance that N.O. drives back for at least a FG and won anyway.

Much better in that situation to move the chains, get 4 more plays, and work your way into the EZ while you still have TOs to stop the clock if needed.

I am not one for second guessing, but this one (and the draw play) are just WAY TOO BONEHEADED to not second guess.

I agree with the comment about "Madden Calls"...that was nothing short of elementary school bush league IMO.

2. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

No one was expecting it.

Like I said, risky call. If it worked, all of you would be praising how gutsy of a call it was. It didnt, so its a "stupid" call.

Im more pissed that we didnt convert the 4th and 1 than I am about Locker overthrowing the TD.

3. CheeseheadTitan

See previous post...I disagree that we would be singing praises if it worked...

4. Victory1993

Victory1993 Rookie

Heck no I wouldnt, you know why Drew Brees would get the ball back with plenty of time and there offense was moving the ball ease in the fourth quarter so no I dont like the call either way

5. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

thats true...they were expecting the run and it was one on one...we've seen it happen before with other teams and it worked at times and other times it hasnt....not a bad play call but if we had a smart back who ran across the first down marker and out of bounds...we wouldnt of been in that spot...blame for this game goes on cj and palmer(with the draw call in the 2 minute drill)

6. Alzarius

So if we had gotten the score, and won the game. You would still have complained about the call?

I honestly dont think so but everyone is entitled to their own opinion ;)

7. Alzarius

Putting 7 on the scoreboard is putting 7 on the scoreboard. You have to stop the other team regardless.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Yeah, I don't get why people assume that the touchdown would come if we got the first down. You take points when you can get them, especially go-ahead touchdowns.

9. CheeseheadTitan

I honestly do not think we would have won the game in this scenario....

Brees gets the ball back with 2+ minutes, at least two timeouts, and the two minute warning. They need a FG to win.

That very likely does not end well for us against the Saints, and, we would be complaining that we left too much time on the clock.

Just a stupid call, both because of down situation and game situation.

10. CheeseheadTitan

You should also take the chance to get four more plays when you have third and a foot inside the red zone with 3 minutes left on the clock. No need to go for it in that situation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar