Chris Johnson's weaknesses?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tackhead #9, May 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

1. Catching. He can't do it.

2. Breaking tackles. He goes down very easy. A lot of times a guy will just get a hand on his foot and he'll go flying, falling to the ground.

3. Vision in the open field. A lot of times he gets in too much of a hurry and ignores his blockers down field. There were a lot of times where instead of going outside for a sure TD, he'd try to cut inside...leave his blocker, and get tackled.

But that's nature. No one is flawless. Except The Gloat. Of course.

2. asus64

asus64 Camp Fodder

I agree. I think he has to get stronger legs and work on his balance.

I also agree with Deuce Wayne; he doesn't have natural catching skills. I also agree with Titan_Fan_Forever, he doesn´t seem to read blocks as well as LW.

JCBRAVE makes a great point too, he gambles way too much with his celebrations.

The last one for me is the use of his speed. He doesn´t seem to stop, change directions and change speed to his advantage. He gives me the impression that once he makes up his mind he goes through the hole and doesn't adapt to the changing conditions of the play.

Nevertheless I think he's great! If he could improve steadily he should become one of the best ever.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

His hair. When somebody tackles him by it... Oh boy!!!... that's going to hurt like hell. :))

4. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Public speaking.

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

he gave up half our sacks, although that's only like 3.

6. DJB

DJB Starter

Pass catching and he is easily tripped up by shoestring tackles

7. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

Sure he's got a few flaws but i would expect that from a rookie. I dont think he has to improve on much,the only 2 things i can think of right off the bat is pass blocking and catching the ball a little bit better. Both of those things are going to come with time and expirence so i'm not worried. He had close to 1500 all purpose yards and was one of the more explosive RB's in the league last year so i'm not going to sit here and dissect his game. I'm glad hes playing for us and looking forward to watching him turn into one of the top running backs in this league for several years to come.

8. TitansWinAgain

TitansWinAgain Camp Fodder

Go watch his TD runs in the Colts MNF and Ravens playoff games.
    Or check out my avatar.

9. smileyforall

smileyforall Da Blue Mamba

Man, we should make it mandatory that everyone gets super long dreds, so that our team is a predator team.

10. Blaize

Blaize Camp Fodder

Chris Johnson Doesn't Break Tackles?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am7JQ5P0Es8
    See:
    0:39- Bengals guy gets an arm on him with a diving tackle and CJ doesn't even slow down.
    1:40- Guy hits his legs in the beginning of the run, goes through it to stiffarm another guy and continue to the endzone.
    1:58- Ask the colts about his ability to break tackles
    2:20- What would have been a tackle for a loss turns into a 10 yard gain thanks to him breaking the tackle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhwY0GIqHr4
    1:09- Our only touchdown came from a broken tackle of Johnson.

Look I know CJ doesn't break every tackle but when he does get tackled he will usually push the defender for another 3 or 4 yards. Thats more than you can ask for out of a speed back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar