Chris Johnson's weaknesses?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tackhead #9, May 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Alrighty, so it's fairly unanimous that we all love Chris Johnson. And why wouldn't we? The fiery burner brought our offense to life last year in an exciting way analysts thought only Vince Young could do.

So since I don't get to see every play of every game like some of y'all, I wanted to know - what are Chris Johnson's weaknesses that you've noticed? Every time I've seen him play, he just seems to be on another level. I'd legitimately like to know where he could improve, however.

One thing I've caught so far is his showmanship. Don't get me wrong, I love lively celebrations - they add an element of fun to the sport, and he can bang on as many drums as he wants in my opinion, but it's the on-field stuff that worries me. Flipping into the endzone against KC, he nearly ends up out of bounds, or fumbling the ball. And good lord, that Pittsburgh game - actually attempting to hold the ball out to taunt a pursuer in the redzone?
    I know he's an exciting, dynamic individual, but I can just see one of those little taunts backfiring in a big way.

So yeah. Anyone else got any particular CJ weaknesses? (And please refrain from saying something like 'Sharing the ball with LenDale') :grrhee:

2. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

I'd say his only weakness is when one defender tackles him, then AFTER he's down, another defender comes up and tries to bend him backwards; if you can do that to him, he will buckle.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I think he runs a little too reckless. I'm always afraid he's going to run smack into a hit, leave his body open and crack a rib.

4. smileyforall

smileyforall Da Blue Mamba

He runs upright alot of the time, which worries me about injuries he could sustain long term. Other than that, it seems like being with Lendale has increased his swagger to the point of penalties in the game.

5. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

i would say the running straight up...

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Chris Johnson's one and only issue to me to say the least is; just as he is about to score, he tends to taunt the defenders. Fun to watch, sure if you don't mind holding your breath. Also foolish. He could very easily loose focus of who's around him and fumble. Which he has nearly done a few times. I don't like this about him for a couple of reasons.
    1.) It pisses people off who may try and hurt him.
    2.) Exposing himself when extending the ball could result in a fumble or worse an injury.
    3.) Penalties. Some referee could easily call unsportsmanlike on him for it.
    Aside from that I love C.J. For a medium size build he runs with power, and tons of speed.

7. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

I'd like to see his pass catching improve a little. Seemed to me last season he juggled every pass that came his way.

8. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Seriously??? Nobody's going to say it??? OK, he can't break tackles. He's very fast, very elusive, finishes his runs, but he rarely broke even a shoe-string tackle last season.

9. 4EverYoung

4EverYoung Camp Fodder

He needs to catch the really easy passes.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

pass protection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar