Chris Johnson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, Aug 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

I'm not a CJ nutswinger, but I did read he averaged like 4.3 yards a carry last year with limited opportunity.

He's always been a guy that got a ton of carries and not all of them were meaningful... But when he got in the open he made teams pay. 4.3 a carry isn't bad for a speed back on limited reps. JS

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Hes stubborn and loves pissing people off, thats his thing that he does. TWW2 is literally the LAST person to talk RB's with.

3. JCBRAVE

Jesus thats so wrong its funny.

If you WATCH him play he does not play hard, been his only problem over the years, he's soft, thats all there is to it.

4. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

When did I say he played hard? What about my statement was wrong?

He got tons of carries as a Titan.Overall, he got chance after chance to break one and did in his prime. His average was always boosted by breaking big runs after a bunch of short yardage runs.

4.3 ypc isn't bad. I'm not saying anyone should sign him or that he's good. What's wrong with anything I said though?

5. JCBRAVE

my problem with your post was you READ his average and thought that made him good. But on film he leaves tons and tons of yards on the play, and he's a drive killer. I refuse to re-live 2010-2014 arguing how bad hes become, but since you like stats; did you know he averages 1.7 yards in the redzone? Or what about only created 4 missed tackle all year... That 1 TD he scored is another red flag...

Theres just so much bad coming from that guy, I have no idea how he has an offer from Arizona, calling BS on that one... Bruce Arians doesn't seem like a dumb person but if he signs CJ, LOL.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

People use stats all the time to justify how good a player is. I'm sure you do it. But you can break down ANY player and show that stats don't tell the whole story. But 4.3 ypc is still 4.3ypc. Whether it was one run of 80 yards that boosted it or whatever.

Again, I didn't say he was good or he was bad or that he should even be considered as an option at this point. I just pointed out that his YPC wasn't bad last year.

7. RTH

RTH Meh...

His problem on the field has been consistency. You can't count on him for yardage... you can only hope.

Can't run a team on hope.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar