Chris Johnson....

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by VA_Titans, Nov 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Like I said, I think I'd be all for getting Kolb for a 2nd rounder if we could work it out. Still, I'm not super crazy about the guy. But his potential makes giving up a 2nd round pick more than fair in my mind.

I'm all for keeping CJ too. He's definitely not a guy you should ever want to trade. But if his contract talks go south and another team makes the right offer, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him traded. And assuming the price is right, I'd have absolutely zero problem with it.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Who do defenses scheme to stop when they play the Titans?

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

True. But you said the entire offense was built around CJ. Not that he's the one opposing defenses gameplan for, which I agree with. I actually think the offense should've been built around CJ. He's such a unique talent. Yet we mostly call runs up the middle and other plays that pretty much any other decent back in the league could handle.

I don't think we'd necessarily see "wholesale changes" if CJ weren't here (although maybe I'm misinterpreting what you mean by that). I think we'd just plug in the next guy and for the most part keep doing the same thing we've been doing. Maybe then Britt would be the guy that defenses have to scheme for. I just don't see the whole castle crumbling down without CJ.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

You don't think Dinger schemes the offense based on what he knows defenses will do? He's sending in plays knowing the defense is going to be in-the-box attempting to stop him. Whether CJ gets the ball or not, you remove him from the field and everything changes.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah definitely. I'm on the same page with you here. I guess I just had a different definition of "wholesale changes" in my head than you were intending.

6. VA_Titans

VA_Titans Camp Fodder

Crazy thing is I like our team we have now, I'd love to keep them all on the roster. But Vince has to take his game to the next level.... He's holding us back

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Not as terrible an idea as I had thought.

How many draft picks can we get for CJ?

Need a brand new team of players and coaches.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Exactly. CJ is just being wasted on this team anyway. Might as well get some value out of the guy to rebuild. He's going to be close to done by the time this team gets rebuilt to the point of being a legit SB contender anyway.

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

When I first saw this thread a few weeks ago I thought it was crazy talk... now im starting to consider it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar