Chris Johnson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by pettso, Oct 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

exactly..9-10 runs are straight up the gut or a delayed handoff once in a while. get creative!!! you have the fastest man in the nfl!!

2. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Harris, Amano and Scott are not a good combination in theie current configuration. Put Harris back at center and all will be good again...

• High Five High Five x 4
  3. Ryno

Ryno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

yea the O-Line is definitely part of the problem. Amano has been horrible all season.

4. titanflamer

titanflamer Starter

Ithinks its obvious something is wrong. Against the same stacked lines as last year hes mostly a no show.Maybe its the line. I did think teams would stop stacking the line after a few long passes by Vince and Kerry.
    I think its just obvious to teams, stop Johnson and you have an excellent chance of beating the Titans. I dont think the Titans have won a game her did not get over 100 yds, could be wrong.
    I think he should be used sparingly, try to get the ball to him out wide, practice the screen with him until he knows it.
    He was a lot of entertainment last year, but the team came up short. Thats not the object of the game .

I used to love the fact he could run one back at any time. This year I do not even excpect it. How many times has he run for 0 or negative yards? A lot I bet. How hard is it to make 15 yds passing after such losses? How does this help the clock or rest the defense?

Does it seem he cant break a tackle for buttered corn bread? Have you noticed how many times it looked like he was going to be free in the secondary just to get knocked down by a hand to his foot? I hate trip tackles, but they are legal on RB's and effective way of stopping him.
    I dont know if it is him or the line, but Fisher better figure something out, one way or the other.
    I am not Dr. Gloom, I just want our team to win the games we should. I know, the chargers are the Number 1 off and def and the rulers of time and space. But, they have not been doing well lately until we gave them their first win in a while.

5. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Harris seems to be playing OK. It's not easy as a guard when there's nothing but air between you and Scott after Amano has been steamrolled.

Amano got a contract as a guard. Fisher is playing him at center. I know you would like to pass the buck here, but this is Fisher's call. I know you feel like you have to tow the line for Fisher and all, but it is what it is.

Furthermore, I'd like to see the line with Harris playing his natural position at center and Amano in his natural position at guard. If that doesn't work, try Velasco. He's played admirably when called upon. I reiterate that the best blocking we've seen this season is when Velasco,Durand, and Kropog got extensive playing time. Don't pretend like it has to be a stud center when average is better than Amano is playing right now.

Now the all-predictable "It sucks".

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Amano sucks. He was moved to Center because he cant stop getting False Starts, and sucks at center because he doesn't know how to block without holding. He's been the same for yrs. Never liked him. Call it what you want but he is the Nick Harper of our O Line. Except even Nick Harper had a good season. Amano has always sucked. It's just that Scott Roos Stewart and Mawae played so awesome that he just sort of blended in. This guy should be a back up at best. Anyone who wants to click "it sucks" go right ahead. Ive been saying this for a while, the dude is garbage. Period.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

If only Mawae was 10 years younger...

8. selever2000

selever2000 Starter

Not sure, but I wonder if Mawae not present is a factor. Also, CJ always seems to run right into a crowd, kind of reminds me a Eddie George in his last years here. CJ has speed to hit the outside and at least gain 5 to 6 yards, especially because our passing game has improved drastically. We are very ineffective on screen passes where I feel CJ can be lethal. Fisher said he was going to use him more on passing situations. Also, the QB Option, where is that. The last time they tried it, Young moves to his left, then turns around to his right, and then rolls out. Why fake to the left, takes too much time. When it worked perfectly, he just rolled out on a bootleg, no fakes at all, and then pitched it to CJ. I seriously think we need to be more creative on offense and use CJ to the outsides, where he can break fast, instead of being a power back down the middle.

9. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I cant remember where I saw it, but there was a really good article analyzing the Titan's run game... and it essentially showed that CJ hasn't had a ton of success running up the middle this year OR last year.

Most of us (including myself) have been blaming poor O line play, looking at the C or G, but the most dramatic difference between this year and last has been in running off right tackle. This article pointed out that the loss of Crumpler seems to be the biggest factor in CJs struggles... Crump was like an extra lineman out there. He mauled everyone on the edge along with Stewart, and while Stevens has been good, he's no Alge. I'll keep searching for the article because it was really interesting.

EDIT: found it... http://totaltitans.com/2010-articles/october/two-myths-about-the-tennessee-titans-run-game.html

10. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I have to agree Jonne. I hoped that Amano would be motivated to play better after we gave him all that money, BUT he hasn't. He's gone right back to his sucky ways. We should have just replaced Mawae with Harris and Amano with Velasco or Otto.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar