Chris Johnson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by pettso, Oct 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

This year there is 8 or 9 in the box almost every single play to stop CJ and we still run right up the gut. I don't think any offensive line could stop 8 or 9 guys either, but I was hoping that would change once we showed we could pass.

2. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

It's not CJ. It's not even the entire O-Line. It's Amano, plain and simple. I know he's not playing his natural position, but he's playing poorly enough that he wouldn't even be an average guard. IMO, the best game from our O-Line was played with two backups (Dallas). It's no surprise that CJ's best runs are when he changes direction and runs away from the line. I still don't understand this crazy O-Line shuffle. Harris is groomed for three years to be our replacement at center, and then he gets moved to guard. If it were not for the shuffle this season, we would still have a run game, and we would still have a healthy Vince Young. I bet Mawae is laughing his arse off.

This has been irking me for a while. I'm tired of 'seeing how it goes this week'. This was a top O-Line, and now It's more or less one player not holding his own, similar to Piller in '06. Hopefully we'll see the changes we need to see after the bye.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Please, remind me why most of you wanted Bud/Reinfeld/Fisher to pay him a gazzilion dollars this off season? I wanted to let him hold out or even trade him rather than pay ransom.

How's our Diva looking now? He's average.....actually, he's sucking. Every coaches dream is a bust. Anyone want to retract? He's fast, but not so great.

I'm sure there's lots of comments here, bring 'em.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

He is not sucking. The play calling is sucking and we haven't seemed to grasp that it is nearly impossible to gain more than 2 yards against 8-9 in the box.

The line is sucking.

Sorry that CJ isn't having the year he had last year. Some people set their expectations of CJ way too high. One way or another, he's still top 5 in rushing. He has more TDs than any running back

Let's cut CJ! That is the answer! :yay:

He's on pace for over 1400 yards and 16 TDs. Damn, this dude sucks.

5. Chapparal97

LOL.....Yep, thats what I figured from the lemmings........blame Fisher.

Dude, you and the other Fisher haters.... grow up! I know your a young guy with little real life experience, but personal responsibility eventually enters the picture. If you are a sales guy for XYZ company and whine and cry for a raise, but don't produce....you get fired. period.

CJ has been exposed. Thank Gawd we didn't break the bank for him. He's fast, but average. he wants to be paid as the top dog, but he deserves pay comensurate of his ability and performance. He's top 10, but not top 5.

6. RavensShallBurn

What's funny is that I'm not a Fisher hater. I just post facts. Sorry.

When you see 8-9 in the box what would you do?

I'm sure most people agree with me.

Keep complaining about a running back who's putting up top 5 numbers. When we get rid of him and bring in some scrub who rushes for 600 yards per season and go 4-12 you'll wish we had CJ.

7. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

That sounds right but for some reason I don't see it being so simple. I mean wouldn't Fisher be trying to do something about it by now when we all see Amano probably shouldn't even be a starter on any NFL team. We all beat fisher up a lot but I don't think he's dumb enough to notice one player holding the whole run game down and doing nothing noticeable about it.

8. razordaman

razordaman Starter

We need first downs not dances. Thats why opposing teams have some many chances to score points against us..Two runs for CJ -4 yards and then we fail to get 14 on 3rd down..I'll take 3 yards a carry and more first downs instead of putting that terrible defense on the field and watch pass after pass go by....today practice squad receievers blew them out thats scary

9. Chapparal97

Hmmm....we did pretty good with the scrub's named Eddie George or even Lendale White.

Ya right, I'm gonna pay a guy Peyton Manning money to be a Diva with MJD numbers because he thinks he's all world. LOL at you rookie.

Honestly, give me Javon Ringer and Stafon Johnson in the backfield......better combined numbers at a fraction of the price.

10. RavensShallBurn

Tell me right now who we can get... and chances are teams aren't going to give up whoever it is you're wanting.

Just because he's had a few bad games doesn't mean he sucks or that we can just get someone better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar