Chris Johnson

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Ubiq, Feb 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Is someone who averages 3.7 YPC, overweight, and and doesn't help out on special teams worth the 45th pick?

And who says the Saints are using Bush correctly?

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

If he can carry the ball over 300 times in a season, yes.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i guess you haven't seen my unnatural hatred for lendale in other threads?

no one, but that's the same way everyone is saying we should johnson. so if they aren't using bush correctly how would it be the right way for johnson?

4. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

A 3 dimensional player is 21 spots more valuable than a 1 dimensional player I'd say.

5. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Haven't noticed that, but I'm in the same boat.

That's the problem. No offensive coordinator has been able to come up with a system to fit guys like these, except maybe Andy Reid. Will Dinger be able to utilize him effectively?

6. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

He won't last by our 2nd rd pick..

He(johnson) is the fastest back ever in the combine. Both nfl draft countdown and great blue north have him rated 5th among RBs. GBN have him ahead of felix jones, jamal charles and ray rice. Anyone looking for a fast back will have him on their radar and he could be a 1st rd pick. His kick return ability only accentuates his value.

This could be good for us because there might be good value later on. Maybe a felix jones or ray rice will be there in rd 2 or a mike hart in rd 3. If we feel so inclined.

I still don't know why we are giving up on henry until he at least gets to carry the ball another 75 times and we can see him regularly in our passing offense.

8. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I don't really think we should take a back high, but if I had to take one, I would be looking at Jackson, Mendenhall (neither available to us), and Felix Jones (man I hope he slips to our 2nd rounder).

9. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

NFL.com's profile of him has this to say:

Link (on the 'analysis' tab)

10. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I'd rather get Ray Rice over Felix Jones. Ray Rice is a bowling ball of a RB and could be a slower version of MJD on our team.

He has great durability, build, strength, and is more explosive than fast although he ran a mid 4.4. He might not be the long speedster but I'll take production over 4.3 speed anyday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar