Chris Johnson

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Ubiq, Feb 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Not necessarily. If Johnson can catch the ball out of the backfield as well as his numbers have shown then there would be no way to telegraph our plays. We could run him to the outside, maybe up the middle, or get him involved in a short passing game. The versatility in his game is what would make him so enticing to us.

If he was just a pure runner with 4.24 speed that hadn't shown much of an ability to be a playmaking receiver out of the back-field then he wouldn't have near as much value in our eyes.
  2. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

we could start using two back sets, I personally like the idea, but we'll see.
  3. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

that also depends on his ability to pass protect.

honestly, i liked what i saw of chris henry when it came to being a reciever out of the back field last year. it was his protection that didn't allow us to use him in that capacity.
  4. GLinks

GLinks Titans on the Rise

I was going to quote your first post, but you really are copying my ideas now.

Yeah...I think we're strongly considering him at #24. You can argue he's the best offensive playmaker at our pick, and like you said, he fills three needs. He's the deep threat, c.o.p back and returner all in one. Unless he looks obviously weak in some other area, I'm not going to be surprised if we take this guy. If we don't, I'm looking to Justin Forsett in round three.
  5. GLinks

GLinks Titans on the Rise

And I also think this is the perfect compliment to LenDale that we have been looking for.
  6. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

I think he's what we were looking for when we took Chris Henry
  7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

If you didn't know him before the combine, chances are you wont once it's long over.
  8. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Where art thou, VY?

:stupid: huh???? I've never heard of CHenry before the draft, and now I'm gonna have to know who he is for a lot longer sadly. I hope we happen to pick em.

(just jokin bout the stupid part, but I don't get your logic, maybe it flew over my head???)
  9. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

We had discussed him over in the "YouTube Prospects" thread. He didn't go from an UFA to a 2nd round pick like Chris Henry. He went from a late 2nd early 3rd to a probable 1st.

Point is, he was known about before the combine.
  10. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

i don't see how a guy who can't run inside is a probable first round pick. that's a HUGE weakness for an NFL back.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.