Chris Johnson

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Ubiq, Feb 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

watch the highlight above and you'll see he can juke with the best of him. He flat out makes people miss. (Helps being faster than virtually everyone you go up against) I don't know about trucking, he is only around 195-200 lbs.

He won't fall until the bottom of 2nd where we picking. We always talk about trading up in the 2nd which I think is a good way to go, but it would have to be pretty high up there.

2. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

MR's response to how the FO will improve the offense this offseason. Could Chris Johnson be any more perfect for that situation? Obviously, they don't have very much confidence in Chris Henry being that type of guy.

I think it's pretty safe to say we will be targeting CJ. I can see us trading up in the 2nd, if we don't grab him in the 1st. Naysayers, get used to him being a viable option on draft day.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

hooray for reggie bush part II.

this experiment never works out, and it won't work out with this guy either.

4. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Reggie Bush was taken with an absurdly high pick. CJ would cost a early 2nd, which is easily made with a trade.

5. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Reggie was pretty effective when he was used as a 3rd down/scat back. Around 1200 total yards in 2006, keep in mind that was as a rookie. In 2007, Deuce went down and he was forced to take the full load, which isn't his game.

If Johnson is drafted to be an every down back then he will surely be a bust. As I've stated before; 140-160+ carries and 40-50+ receptions is a good starting point for him, along with kick returns of course.

6. Fry

was he really?

http://www.nfl.com/players/reggiebush/careerstats?id=BUS294963

his rushing stats are identical. the only thing that went down were his receiving stats because teams figured out to cover the flats.

these types of things just don't work.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'd much rather have this kid running draws and screens in DIngers offense than Chris Henry but wasn't that the reason we drafted Chris Henry?

8. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Yes, he actually was. Everyone misses the point with Reggie. He's a 3rd down/scat back, and was pretty darn effective at that position in 2006. He accounted for 1200 yards of total offense, along with Deuce's 1200. In other words, effective. If Brown or Henry had accounted for 1200 yards along with Lenfat's 1200, would you say they were effective? I'd take 2400 yards out of my backfield any day.

The problem with Reggie in '07 was he was forced to be something that he simply is not, a primary back. The amount of carries he had were about the same due to the fact that he missed 4 games. He would have had above 200 carries if he had not been injured. So, theoretically, he would've accounted for 1200 yards again this year if not injured (700 rushing, 500 receiving). His decrease in receiving yards could be due to the fact that he was not flanked out nearly as much, thus he was running shorter dump-off routes. I'm not sure why, I don't watch many Saints games. Again, Reggie is meant to be a complement, not a feature. As long as he has a horse in the backfield with him, he'll make for a potent part of any offense. If not, he's just another below average back with a ton of speed.

9. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

With his speed and teams worrying about him getting to the outside he should be able to get the yards up the middle.

10. Fry

there's another reason small backs don't typically work out in the nfl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar