Chris Johnson - Would You Draft Him Today?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nate42104, Aug 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I think he was, and it's possible CJ won't be as good as advertised there. It's early, so I guess we'll have to wait and see. Of course whether or not CJ can be a feature back is something will have to wait and see on if it ever comes to that. But the small sample of ability and willingness to run inside and run with decent power makes some of the early questions about CJ fade a bit.

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

CJ's going to catch passes as well. And whereas Jackson may be good this year, RBs typically contribute early. To me, this was a safer pick, crazy as it seems. Torn meniscus for LW, Henry only flashed a wee little bit so far, so why not?

Besides. We'll trade for one either this year or next. I don't really feel like we're so much worse off than last year at WR, even after the cuts.

3. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

My $0.02:

If the draft was done over today, CJ probably wouldn't last past the mid teens in round 1.

I think we got a steal.

4. Nine

Nine Starter

Mark my words: Chris Johnson will have more yards, more TD's, and have a greater overall impact than any WR drafted this year.

Oh, and he'll get more ROY votes, as well.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

finally got to watch it on the NFLN.

he had two "powerful" runs inside the five, other than that it was the same thing that happened in the first three games. he was brought down by arm tackles on two screens and tripped over himself in the open field.

haven't had my cup of kool aid yet.

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Well maybe you don't include eluding tacklers as an impressive feat like broken tackles. He eluded a couple guys again in plays that most RB's would not have been able to do. Guys got their hands on him, but he got away. And I think he runs with more power than expected.

He's not Mike Alstott, but if you get one on one with a guy and get away from him, you're doing your job as a RB.

7. Fry

i will give him credit for not running out of bounds though, i saw that on his highlights from ECU too.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Yeah I noticed that while watching highlights of him.

9. Nine

Nine Starter

Something else worth mentioning:

The Titans could have had any WR on the board. Anyone.

Six....count 'em, six WR's went off the board before DeSean Jackson's name was called.

In otherwords, you're suggesting that, instead of picking the best RB available at #24, they should have selected a player who graded out as the seventh-best WR in the draft?

10. Fry

you can say that about a lot of teams.

the titans could have taken any QB on the board in 2006. anyone. they took vince young. it doesn't make it the right decision.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar