Chris Johnson - Would You Draft Him Today?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nate42104, Aug 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Desean Jackson
    Jason Jones

2. The Playmaker

I think Jackson is a very good player. He's a bigger need than a RB who will get at most 18 touches a game. We already have White and Henry. We would've drafted a different RB later. Jackson would be a very good WR for us and he can return kicks. I've always liked Jones from the start. So no complaints there. Even though when we did draft CJ I thought we should've got a WR. If I may say what if we drafted D-Jack in the first and traded up in the 2nd for CJ? Heck, he could've dropped down to us in the 2nd.

I really started to hate the Steelers. They snagged Mendenhall and Sweed from us. I was also hoping Groves dropped but the Jags are stupid for drafting 2 DE's in the top 2 rounds.

3. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Im on the fence right now, before, I hated the pick, it all depends on the regular season

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

But there hasn't been one thing from the preseason to suggest he couldn't be a full time starter. He's ran inside and with more power than most expected. Yeah he's still small, but that hasn't guaranteed a guy couldn't get a lot of runs.

In some ways he'll be able to do more than many 1st round RB's. Eddie wouldn't return kicks. Eddie wouldn't be a big receiving threat. And that could be said about many 1st round backs. If he is used in many ways to be valuable to the offense, he could really be more important to us than LW. And I don't think LW is that valuable to us if he goes down. He's very average.

Put 10-20 lbs on the guy and all the questions pretty much go away. The size thing just isn't that big of a question to me. But with the ways he could help us, the old idea of what a 1st round back should be could be meaningless.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

like i said, i don't how well he played in the fourth game, but he broke three tackles in the first three. i'd say that lends to some of my concern of him being a full-time starter. i also saw him get hit in the legs and go down more than i would like. you HAVE to break tackles in the NFL.

i'd say he's had about as many drops as he's had catches, hopefully that's just nerves.

as for him returning kicks, he's looked incredibly average doing that.

as for lendale not being that valuable, i agree, he's replaceable, but we don't have a back on the roster to match his style. we're a bruising offense and with johnson we don't have that element. does chris henry give us that? i don't think so. yeah, he likes running into people, but they're usually wearing the same jersey.....

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Absolutely. I had no idea VY would be struggling w/ downfield passing and fade routes. CJ is the best "VY-independent" offensive weapon we could have drafted.

I would have not drafted Craig Stevens and packaged a few mid round picks to move up in the second high enough to take one of the "top" WR's on the board (too lazy to look up which one and do the math). Hayes would have been on the board later on.

7. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

When you are running that fast, and you get hit in the legs, you are probably going to fall. It's called physics. Personally, I don't care if never breaks a tackle as long as he takes one to the house untouched now and then.

8. The Playmaker

I think we could've got CJ in round 2. We should've drafted a WR earlier. Hayes would've been available later. I like our draft I just wish we got a top 5 WR in the draft(Jackson, Sweed, Kelly, Thomas, or Hardy).

9. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I don't believe Texans would have passed on CJ. They took a similar running back in the third round, and I have trouble believing they would've passed on the real deal in round one.

10. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Yea... I'd draft him. I agree he might not be a full time back, but they are a dying breed anyway. My concern isn't with an ability to break tackles because is speed and cuts will allow him to avoid them more often than not. He might have trouble lasting a long season though. But he clearly is something special -and he's only going to get better with more experience and strength training. I can't wait to see how we use him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar