Chris Johnson versus a REAL rush defense

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Nov 18, 2011.

?
  1. Chris Johnson is a bum and will always be a bum

23.9%
  2. Chris Johnson may have been a bum but he will silent the critics Sunday

26.1%
  3. Chris Johnson is awesome and has been nothing but awesome

8.7%
  4. I really don't know how I feel based on the mixed results I've seen

41.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

CJ was ok against Carolina if you actually watched the game and don't go on stats alone, he's not the same player and with those huge holes he had last Sunday, CJ2K would have had well over 200 yards... easily. The only game that truly impressed me this season was against Cincy, by play and not just numbers, easily his best game of the season.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The Bengals are 2nd in the league against the run and Atlanta is 3rd. Against the Bengals CJ had 14 carries for 64 yards. That is a 4.57 YPC average. So basically against a comparable defense Johnson averaged enough per carry to easily break 100 yards if he got enough carries. If Johnson carries the ball 20 times at the same average he will end up with 91 yards but there will still be people bashing his performance even though that would be very good against that defense. So in reality he could play well but still not put the criticism to rest but IMO if he averages 4.5 yards on each carry he is playing pretty well against a very good run defense.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Moon1

Moon1 Starter

Only 130? Really? Let's take a look at what other runnings back did against the panthers this years.

AP - 83 yds
    MJD - 122
    Forte - 202
    Turner - 139
    Hightower - 88
    Wells - 90
    CJ - 130

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

How many of those guys dragged their team and fan base through hold out and made ridiculous demands through the media? How many?

His arse might never cash all the checks his mouth wrote.

We should just call him Johnny Paycheck from now on... how's that for a Music City nickname?

5. Moon1

Moon1 Starter

He performed very well against the panters last week and put up more yards than a lot of the best running backs in the league did against them. What he said during the offseason doesn't change that.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I'm too lazy to look it up myself, but I'd like to see the starting lineup for the Panthers' defense for all of those games. I know for a fact the Panthers didn't have a single one of their starting linebackers from game one playing last weekend. The Panthers are literally down to playing special teams players on defense, we've had to do that before with horrible results.

Jon Beason- torn achilles
    Thomas Davis- torn acl
    Jason Phillips- out indefinitely(didn't play last week)

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

It doesn't change the fact the Panthers are garbage. (27th against the run?) I would buy into your point if no one put up more yards on the Panthers than he. Don't overlook how dismal he was in the 1st half either. The Panthers had their spirit broken when Johnson finally found success. In any case, Johnson must be consistent and generate 1st downs tomorrow. This is more important than yards. Johnson being successful is a key to winning. The Falcons ARE NOT the Panthers. Johnson must be a constant threat tomorrow... and down the stretch for that matter.

8. Moon1

Moon1 Starter

That is a ridiculous requirement. He outperformed AP and MJD who are two of the best running backs in the league and AP makes even more money than CJ does. 130 against any team no matter how bad they are is a good day especially when you throw in 44 receiving yards.

9. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

What did ringer do last week against this terrible panther D........basically nothing and several on here wanted him to start or Harper. CJ not having a very good year. May have lost his desire, a step, but not been very good. But again Palmer takes some of the blame the predictability of the runs with the fullback and to many between two bad run guards and a terrible run blocking center.

Ringer and Harper are not every down NFL quality backs. C.J. still has talent but the days of being elite maybe over.

10. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

Quit crying about him getting paid. He had an historic season and played the next season risking his career and potential at making money. GET OVER IT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar