Chris Johnson versus a REAL rush defense

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Nov 18, 2011.

?
  1. Chris Johnson is a bum and will always be a bum

23.9%
  2. Chris Johnson may have been a bum but he will silent the critics Sunday

26.1%
  3. Chris Johnson is awesome and has been nothing but awesome

8.7%
  4. I really don't know how I feel based on the mixed results I've seen

41.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Roos makes 5M.
    Stewart makes 4.5M
    Scott makes 4.7M
    Amano, although overpaid, makes 2.68M

There's five other guys that rotate in, I don't think any of them make more than 1 M a year. Are you saying the O-line is over compensated? I'm saying Chris Johnson is.

Johnson is making nearly 10M a year.
    Are you trying to tell me that between C, C/G, G, T we have 30M tied up there? Really? Are you counting the TE's?

Anyways, my point is I don't think we have the top paid offensive line. I could be wrong, but given all the money we have invested in Johnson, especially given the way he ran his mouth, I very much feel as if we've been shortchanged. Johnson isn't as fast as he once was and doesn't hit the holes like he used to. Like it or not he's all we have to hitch our wagon to so hopefully what we saw last week is a glimpse of things to come.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Amano five-year, $26.247 million contract.

Roos six-year, $43 million contract.

Scott 2011: $4.7 million

Stewart Signed a six-year $38.9 million contract

Harris 500k

They almost all make 5-7 million a year and it's about 25 million a year just with the 5 starters. The o-line is overcompensated for sure since they have been consistently bad for two years when blocking the run. CJ seems to be overcompensated but he hasn't been ranked 30th or worst in the league at 50% of his job for the past two full seasons either.

There's only like 40-45 Offensive lineman in the NFL that make over 4.5 million and we have 4 of them.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I'm not one to easily right someone off who's been successful up until now.

Johnson is definitely not running like we know he can even when the opportunities are there.

He darn well better be in camp all off season next year to fix what ails.

Right now I don't see much difference when Ringer runs either. The recent weeks CJ highlight videos have shown that our O Line is awful.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He's much better than you think vs .500 or better teams. Trust me on that. I know for a fact it's a higher number of games than you may think.

5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

My argument is this is the same OLine from 2009 minus Mawae. Is Mawae worth 50 mil? Just to get CJ going? No, I expect more from our RB, and with his limited game, he doesn't even really open things up for Hasselbeck the way a dominant RB should.

He's just not the same at all, I've seen CJ take big hits the last 5 weeks that he's never taken before, he was always a very slippery RB who defenses could never get a clean shot on. Not anymore, not anymore.

6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I'm not trying to give CJ a pass by any means but losing Mawae and replacing him with Amano is a HUGE downgrade.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This is not the same line as in 2009. Harris wasn't starting and Amano was a guard then. And C.J. has always taken big blows, and always gets up from them. C.J.'s not the problem, it's Amano and Harris all the way.

8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

So when I said "this is the same OLine from 2009 minus Mawae," didn't i say it isn't the same basically? So then when CJ gets yards, it's not CJ either it's because of the OLine? why'd we pay him then?

CJ never took big hits, he was always able to avoid them, he hasn't this year, he's just out of it:sad2:

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Eddie George averaged just 3.7 yards carry for his whole friggin career.

Yes he knocked Ray Lewis on his butt, one time. He also bobbled a pass that Ray picked off for a TD that put our team away.

Eddie was good but he was not a dynamic runner.

Post with your mind not your heart.

10. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Which is why Eddie "trucking" Ray-Ray is still overrated considering the fact his forward progress was immediately stopped.

It's like saying I go over the middle, catch the ball, you knock the s*it outta' me, yet I hold on to the ball and get the first down, and everyone starts blowing up about how you owned me on that play.

And I've always been an Eddie George fan, have his jersey in two colors, so this isn't a knock on him, he was tough as nails and I did get pumped at seeing him truck Ray-Ray and getting the monkey off his back, but again... speaking with my mind, not my heart.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar