Chris Johnson told reporters Wednesday that he is "of course" prepared to hold out.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Jun 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aws090883

aws090883 Camp Fodder

im totally with chris johnson on this one.its been said more than once that if a team can cut you before your contract if up than a player has a right to hold out for more money.and how can anyone disagree with that.chris wants to go down as one of the best running backs that ever played, so i dont think when he gets his money hes gunna run stop playing hard.so why dont we just pay him the money while he IS the best running back rather than when hes on his decline.

the way the nfl is set up im surprised there not a whole lot more hold outs for more money.30%rule or not they need to pay the player when they perform.how much money do you think the top 5 players in the draft are gunna get paid this year?do you think they are gunna take a pay cut beccause of the of the possible lockout next year.i mean dang i bet our 1st pick morgan is gunna get a fatter check then cj the 1st game.so just pay the man because hes earned it.i dont care if your played 2 years or 10 years if you have shown you can play like the best than your should be paid like the best.

by the way him new so dont bash me to much.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

That's true except teams pay signing bonuses up front. It's not like a player gives anything back if he's released.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

See JaMarcus Russell. He'll likely have to pay back his signing bonus that was good thru 2012. The Raiders are suing him right now.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Even in the most egregious cases, like Vick and Jamarcus, the players have to pay back a small percentage of their signing bonuses. Also, roster bonuses and guaranteed salary cannot be recovered. Bottom line, a player signs a contract knowing that he only gets what is guaranteed in it unless he is good enough to stay on the team.

The team still made Johnson a millionaire before he played a down in the NFL. Poor guy.

5. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

This lawsuit is frivolous and any legal expert will tell you Jamarcus wont pay a dime back. That's just Al Davis being Al Davis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar