Chris Johnson Talks Wildcat, Vince Young, More

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ImATitan, Aug 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I don't know what anyone has against the wildcat. It's not like we have to run it every play. Imagine four wide, CJ next to Hasselbeck, and CJ grabs the ball and runs for 40 yards. Then we roll out on 1st four wide. What's going to be on the DBs' minds? No, it shouldn't be used all the time, but what's wrong with having it in the arsenal? It's just like how everyone plays down the option. I can't remember one negative play when we used it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. wg53

wg53 Starter

The wildcat doesn't have 4 wide on the field....

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Wildcat is one of those things that has different meanings.

Psychop1 I don't think anyone is against the option, I think there were concerns with a rockhead trying to run the option.

4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

If he was a rock, he wouldn't have gotten broken so much :kiss:

5. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

This here. THIS IS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT. :irked:

It's just a direct snap to Johnson. You can have four. You don't have to use everyone else's playbook.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

lol

and I just took the shot. I honestly don't recall anyone arguing against running option plays.

Shuffle Pass and Screens should be removed from Titan playbook. Not because they are bad ideas but because Titans have proved they cannot execute them

7. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

A lot of people say that the option doesn't work in the pros because of the speed of DB's. I'm not just talking about our fans. We used it successfully because we didn't use it every play. It had defenses off guard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar