Chris Johnson SUCKS!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RavensShallBurn, Sep 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor Tip Jar Donor

Stevens didnt have any issues
    [​IMG]
    Ooooow!
  2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

Exactly what did you say?
  3. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Starter

CJ has been consistently dropping screens/checkdowns since last year.
  4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

No guys, its because our quarterback who is playing at a pro bowl level is not passing a good ball to CJ. :suspect:
    • High Five High Five x 3
  6. Titan43

Titan43 Pro Bowler

Its not just CJ though. So many people during his holdout were saying 'lets just let CJ sit and put in Ringer', well unfortunately Ringer had -6 yards rushing today. Its not just CJ, its the fact that the OLine can't run block combined with the fact that EVERYONE on the opposing D is keying on the run.

That's fine with me right now though because we are all seeing a side effect of that, and that is the passing game. Even with KB out, the passing game has been and will be better than we had in a long time. Eventually teams will back off and try to stop the passing game and CJ will get his runs, but if not who cares. A win is a win. I would sacrifice the running game for a good passing game and a W.

I would like to see Palmer get a little more creative though and get CJ the ball in different ways. It looked like he tried some today. CJ had one really nice catch, and Hass just missed him on a couple other ones that had potential to be big, although CJ did drop a couple as well. CJ can still be a playmaker, but with all the attention the run game is getting, it won't be from handing it to him, at least for now.
    • High Five High Five x 2
  7. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Starter

Because he just started accelerating lol.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  8. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Starter

I think blame falls on the entire offense and play calling. The running game looks almost exactly like it did last season under Fish/Dinger which is a step backwards.

Palmer lack imagination clearly, you can't just run a 200 pound running back between the tackles over and over against 8 in the box I'm sorry. Palmer needs to watch what the Eagles do with McCoy to get a clue. CJ needs to play from space... sweeps/draws/screens.

The interior O-line is awful as I've been saying all off season. Yet Amano and Scott are still starting... somehow.

The lockout obviously affected CJ. He's not seeing the holes as he should, he's short arming passes, he is just way off... with the holdout this is not surprising.

Without Britt for the rest of the year we are going to be easy to stop. 8-9 in the box which will easily stop CJ we have no other receivers that will scare a defense.

I want that Baldwin kid from Oklahoma St., but he's obviously not going to help us this season.

Palmer needs to get CJ in space and Cook should be tried at receiver.

We're in serious trouble I'm afraid :(.
  9. Jessica

Jessica Special Teams Standout

Did I say it was?
  10. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.