Chris Johnson Signs Two Year Deal With Jets

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JimmyTitan, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

It's about way more than his YPC. It's all been discussed ad nauseam. People just throw out his 3.9 YPC when the swingers try to use the "he rushes for 1k every single year" as if it's some great feat. Hell if you get enough carries you can rush for 1k while averaging 2ypc.

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

His contract is still a bit much, but I would've been fine with that, yes... because it's essentially a 1 year/$4mil deal with an option on year 2.

I don't think the Jets made a bad move by signing him. They have no playmakers on offense and need a better RB. Again, it's about the money. Always has been.

CJ would not have taken that deal with us though. That's the whole point. He refused a pay cut. Therefore, he was cut. Like I said all along he had two options. 1) Take a pay cut with us and 2) Take a pay cut with another team.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

It's actually impressive that he has had 1000 yards each season since being drafted, only two others have done what he's on pace to do and both are in the hall of fame. Martin had a 3.6 YPC his 2nd year, a 3.5 and a 3.8...

It's not as easy as you portray it or else it'd happen for more players, running backs get hurt a lot. Running backs on crutches or in slings due to trying to get that extra 1 yard don't help the team, nor do they get 1000 yards. Sometimes they get hurt in practice, sometimes they get arrested. Fortunately CJ didn't have any of those issues for us, unlike Chris Brown, for example, who had potential but was made out of a graham cracker.

4. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Pot calling the kettle black? Have there been specific examples cause it seems like the same crap as every year. Lets just act holier than thou or better than new posters on the forum. I've seen people's posts get picked apart for some pretty nitpicky things.

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

You do not completely understand what was going on here and I am not going to explain as it does not matter anymore anyway.

I will say though that there have been some good new posters join since December. I hope they stick around.

6. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Thanks XO. I have been enjoying GoTitans for years- I wear this site like underwear, so I am not going anywhere.

7. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

With that approach, we'd all be virgins.

8. RTH

RTH Meh...

Or rapists...

9. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I like where this is going...

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

He has been incredibly durable. That's one of the few things about him that's not up for debate. But does being durable outweigh all the other stuff? The low YPC? The lack of big plays? The stalled drives? The pathetic attitude? The 8 million he was scheduled to make in 2014?

I know the two sides of this CJ thing will never agree. But I stand by my point that if you get enough carries (which yes, includes staying healthy), you're going to get 1,000 yards. So that stat in itself doesn't do much for me.

2013: CJ was 7th in carries, 32nd in YPC.
    2012: CJ was 9th in carries, 15th in YPC.
    2011: CJ was 9th in carries, 44th in YPC.
    2010: CJ was 6th in carries, 21st in YPC.
    2009: CJ was 1st in carries, 3rd in YPC.
    2008: CJ was 12th in carries, 7th in YPC.

2008 & 2009 aside, consider me unimpressed. YMMV.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar