Chris Johnson - showboat ?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Dec 8, 2008.

?
  1. yeah, he needs to tone it down, especially with a live ball

31 vote(s)
    60.8%
  2. Chad Johnson / Terrell Owens look out !!

20 vote(s)
    39.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bob45x32

bob45x32 Starter

Celebrating is childish? You must be an old grumpy @$$ mad at the world for having fun kinda person.

2. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

There's a difference between celebrating and show-boating before you even get to the end-zone. You must be one of those "I don't read any post before I write some stupid reply" people.

3. bob45x32

bob45x32 Starter

Whats the difference between show boating and celebrating?

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

that manual got a Spanish edition? :wink2:

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

key difference is whether the play is actually over. Holding a live ball non-secure, being careless in a manner that is unnecessary... slowing up before you cross the goal... just showing off before a score, looking back, prancing.. that is essentially showboating. Celebrating excessively is a kind of showboating, but more like 2nd degree... the only thing at stake is a possibility of a fine or penalty. Not really that huge of a deal but something one should typically try to avoid.

Evidently, Johnson doesn't really give a damn and it looks as if we are going to have to accept it. :sad2:

I guess I can deal. :lol:

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Look at it this way...

If you showboat, no penalty...as it is in the field of play.

If you celebrate, 15 yards. Everyone hates you.

To me, it is actually a simple decision. If you really want to look at it objectively, showboat is the only way to go.

7. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

it being against Troy Polamalu, who has all the espn analysts on his jock strap, makes this all the better.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

you have to be joking...

what happens when you pull a Leon Lett?

I'd rather have a 15 yarder than blow a score.

9. bob45x32

bob45x32 Starter

But he didn't...conversation closed.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

it isn't about what happened then...

think of it like this. I could choose to ignore a red light. I might pass through the intersection unscathed and without a traffic ticket... life goes on.

There is no guarantee of that in the future.
    It is prudent to stop at the light and proceed legally.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HFb5_yXLYD0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HFb5_yXLYD0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Just because you win a risk/benefit equation does not make it a worthwhile endeavor. There is no assurance of future w/o harm. Showboating is a useless self absorbed act. It is rooted in pride. It is not a team ideal. It's a needless risk.

Just because you don't have AIDS yet is not a reason to continue having unprotected sex with random people. Luck runs out.

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar