Chris Johnson says we're "very, very, very far away"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I'm glad that CJ was honest. Could he have chosen his words more wisely? Sure. But he answered honestly and he's not wrong at all about us being very very far away because we are. Can you blame the guy for wanting to win and being sick of losing? You can't expect him to carry this team when there are so many things wrong with it.

If Munchak really wants to stick around he needs to get Webster to do some work in FA and make some bold moves in the draft. We have a much more favorable schedule this year so this is our chance to get to the playoffs and make a run. We need to go all in. FTW!

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

If potential free agents are paying attention to what CJ is saying to Jim Wyatt, then they were probably paying attention to the season we just had. 55-7, 51-20, 30-7, 34-13, 38-10, 38-14 and 1-6 in the AFC south pretty much would signal to those around the league that we are not close.

The Titans don't do well when faced with competition in free agency. The colts have twice our cap space, and have proven that they know what they are doing. If the Titans and Colts are vying for the same free agent....they probably win.

I think we've already witnessed that last year. The team had many quality free agents in here, only to see many quality free agents choose elsewhere. I know we were pursuing Manning, but it is possible to negotiate with more than one player at a time. We could have signed Manning, a quality Center, and then some if we wanted to.

If the team would get out of the contract's of Griifin, Johnson, and Amano, that would add roughly 20 million to the 19.4 that we already have. The production that we are currently getting from those three could be easily replaced. If you fear overpaying someone, look at those three plus Hasselbeck, those contracts are the definition of "overpaying".

I'm liking our chances with Byrd, Levitre, Wallace, etc. much better with 40 mill. as opposed to 19.4 mill. If there is any offseason that we need to add proven difference makers....it's this one.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

We are very far away, but if we had a GM and coach who knew what they were doing, we wouldn't be... Because we would have Finnegan and not Griffin. Lavelle Hawkins would not be on the team.

We'd be very active in FA, going after Byrd, Bowe, Levitre, etc. We'd also draft very well.

If all those things were to happen, you could say we'd be close(r).

4. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

i don't have an issue with it at all. i'm tired of only watching half a season of football. mid-year and we're done already. that's getting old.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

A-f***ing-men brother!!!!!!

6. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

i hate it when people take away from what cj does best, big runs. You say cj isnt worth the investment right now and that we can use the money to upgrade other positions. Well what if we upgraded the positions that would help cj out in being the amazing back he is. When he ran for 2006 yards wasnt he worth the money. He had a good o-line that year. Do you really believe we would have got the same results with another rb? Upgrade the positions around him and see your investment flourish. He has already proven what he can do with a good offensuve line and playcalling. I wonder what he could do with a competent passing attack.

7. Keeferdog

Keeferdog Starter

This is a sign of piss poor coaching and leadership.

8. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Yes, and it isnt garbage

Tell me how that run helped us? Tell me how his running is helping the team at all? Yes, I am aware its the line but the fact is he is boom or bust type of runner. At this point, that is not what we need. Not only that, if he was drawing 8 in the box consistently because he was such a threat, then it would help Locker.

I think Got mentioned it early... Barry Sanders. Yes, he kept his team fun to watch for a while, but he only playff win in his career?

12 rushes in the game.....

I want this team to be successful, and to win a championship and we need all the parts to help that happen. If cutting CJ would allow the cap spice to pick up two big FA's, then its a no brainer.

I know, we have cap room, we also have 19 spots on this team to fill. ALL nfl players get paid, even if its a small amount. To give you an idea... This is how much each player counts against the cap

http://www.sportscity.com/nfl/salaries/tennessee-titans-salaries/

Only a couple below 500k on the cap. 19 x 500k = 9 million. oh damn.... that 19 million got cut in half quickly, and thats if we sign scrubs at every position. See how the math is adding up here? Lets go out and sign one big name FA, that would caount 5 million against the cap, down to 5 million in cap room but hey, we got one big name FA and scrubs filling in the other 18 spots.

I am no cap guru by any means so I could be off, but I am not too bad at normal math and if we can save that 10 million against the cap and pick up Levitre and jennings/wallace/DMC/Pass rusher....... then you do it.

AP couldnt win his team a super bowl this year, what makes you think CJ would.

This isnt a knock on CJ, its math and HIS POSITION is not worth 10 million a year for a team that has as many holes as we do.

Any other reply along the lines of

Here we go with this "take away this run" garbage again. Horrible post.

will just be ignored because so far, my argument makes much more sense than "but hes still good"

9. Alzarius

This is about the team as a whole and $$$$

A RB is not going to carry this team, its horrible. An elite QB MAY be able to, but even they would need help. The money can be better spent elsewhere.

In 2009 (not 2006), Cj has a hell of a year, but we went 8-8 and it doesn't mean a damn thing to me. Winning is more important to me that CJ. I agree... it was fun to watch and Id love to see it again, but we wont. I want the TEAM to improve, not just CJ's stats or his running.

You play "what if he had a good QB", ok fine, let him go be with one. We dont have that. Even if CJ did flourish, he can keep his 2k yard seasons, when we go 8-8

10. Alzarius

CJ should be one of the leaders.......

Hes too busy talking on twitter and the media, instead of the players on the sidelines.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar