Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Chris Johnson says we're "very, very, very far away"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Feb 1, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 6 users.
  1. Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $7,939
    Here we go with this "take away this run" garbage again. Horrible post.
  2. Chronos Starter

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $1,137
    Actually, I think CJ was referring to the driving distance from Nashville to New Orleans, hence it does seem as though they are very, very, far away.
    GoT high fives this.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Hunter
    Moolah:
    $9,783
    I've been critical of CJ's me attitude in the past but didn't get that from this article.

He didn't sound happy and I prefer that over being content with both the team and himself.
    GoT, nbtoppers2, SlidePiece and 1 other person high five this.
  3. Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $7,939
    Couldn't have said it better myself. The man's sick of losing. I'm sick of it too!
    Big Time Titan high fives this.
  4. JCBRAVE Welcome to my world, now sit down and listen up

Casey
    Moolah:
    $209,288
    CJ had 2 options here, he could have said we're a young team looking to rebuild quick and hes excited to get back to work, or what he went with.

Since hes not that creative I see why he said what he said.

Lets all be happy he didnt say "and things like that".
    GoT, Big Time Titan, BiscoPhan11 and 3 others high five this.
  5. steverife Starter

Wright
    Moolah:
    $5,719
    Yeah. I don't have a problem with anything he said. He said he wants to win on the Titans. I want him to win on the Titans, too.

...and he is absolutely right. It doesn't matter what he wants regarding the contract because it isn't his call. I don't really think there is anything he can say and avoid all criticism.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Hunter
    Moolah:
    $9,783
    Don't get me wrong... I would have liked to hear him be more optimistic but I was telling someone just last night that the Titans are no where close right now.

I don't think you can begin to fix a problem until you accept there is one. The key for me this season is that the Titans make strides to fix the problems so they can contend again in '14 and beyond.
    GeronimoJackson high fives this.
  6. GeronimoJackson Starter

Moolah:
    $10,088
    Nothing's wrong with the O-line, they're just pissed CJ went back on his word and didn't get them their cars.
    GoT and Kaeotik high five this.
  7. GeronimoJackson Starter

Moolah:
    $10,088
    This. CJ's right but you can't completely speak your mind. We know Amano sucks, CJ knows he sucks. But if there was a game where Amano blew a block (hehe) and CJ got hit in the backfield and fumbled and it was returned for a touchdown, as angry as I will be with Amano, none of us here will want to hear CJ tell a reporter "Amano f**king sucks and cost us the game!"

Wording is every thing. CJ should have said something like "we have a lot of young talent but we aren't there yet, it'll take some time and some more pieces" or something which would mean the same thing as what he actually said.
  8. Psychop1 Big Tee

Washington
    Moolah:
    $4,735
    Yeah, I just don't get this. I do want him to say Amano sucks when he sucks. As well, I want coaches to call out players when they don't perform. I want accountability.

I'm happy CJ said what he did. To me, that shows he cares more about winning than if he just towed the same ol' company line we've heard ad nauseam.
    nbtoppers2, SlidePiece and Big Time Titan high five this.