Chris Johnson says we're "very, very, very far away"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I really think that is the greatest thread in GoTitans history.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Dont forget we fired our Linebackers coach as well.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

We're pretty far away. Sucks to say that.

Alot depends on Locker, and he was awful last year. The OL play didn't help, but still. With the history of our luck in FA/Draft/Coaching I have zero faith.

5. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

If we fix our Dline and Oline then were are there. Im telling you guys dont realize how important those two aspects of the game are.

6. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

"Just two to three more solid drafts and Free Agency signings and we're there."

With the addition of a completely new coaching staff, I tend to agree. But I think the same can be said about an expansion team.

7. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Two to three solid drafts is a long long time especially for a player that will be 28 in 6 months and 31 when we finally hit a possibly super bowl contending level if we don't miss on any drafts and Locker turns into a top 10 QB.

8. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

You have to look at the current history... Not the fisher reinfeldt years.. This is a different group controlling things. I have faith in Webster About the only one at this point.

Locker is a big cog in this teams success but the times have changed in the nfl and more and more college qbs are coming in and doing big things right off the bat. So he sucks again next year, his career is done with us, we draft the next big thing and keep building the talent on this team.

Look at the niners and ravens, both with players from crazy longs drafts ago that are still being key components to them making their runs. The difference? Flacco turned it on when he needed to, and kaepernick was able to keep the 9ers alive with that system... The system and surrounding team can make a big difference in the overall product... 2/3 drafts isn't that bad considering... If lock turns it on, they get captive offensively.. You never know how fast it could swing. Harbaugh changed the 9ers in 1 season with basically the same talent that was already on the roster. It's not impossible.

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

RAvens/49ers also have Top defenses. We have the worst defense, literally. We need more than Locker to play well.

10. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

For sure. And certain pieces sticking around that actually make a difference is a bigger thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar