Chris Johnson says we're "very, very, very far away"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

No, and no one knows whats going on outside the media.

Do I have to explain that just because you are a bad team, means that no one is trying? Because I will, some of you obviously believe it.

Do I have to recite Websters definition of ignorance? Actually I will go ahead and say it so that you know that I am not trying to insult anyone

Lack of knowledge or information

Heres a small clue for you guys who still believe they were not trying. We won 2 out of the last 3 of our games, hurting our draft position. I guess the other teams were "trying even less?

And before I hear that retarded "Munch was trying to save his job" remark..... Munch was just DOING his job he had been TRYING to do all season. Successfully or unsuccessfully.

Yea, we led the league with 2 punt returns for a TD, only one other player did that, for the Bills. Then there were 13 other total punts returned for TD's. Are you saying that is why he is good and you wanted to keep him?

Reynaud, on kickoff returns, ranked 20th in average. Not saying its BAD, just pointing it out.

As for Matthews

Hutch was a bad signing, and by mid season 3 out of 5 of our starters were out, by the end of the season, 4 out of 5 were out. (may want to check my dates about mid season comment, going off the top of my head)

I do not approve of the job he did 2 seasons ago, but we need talent. No one is going to turn a pile of crap into a decent line. (same old rehashed Billicheat remark about how talent helps)

Matthews was a first ballot hall of famer, played all positions on the line, went to the pro bowl 14 times, at two different positions....... He isnt a HC, or OC, like Munch is. He is an offensive line coach. Ill just go ahead and bow out of this discussion for nwo and come back next season after the line greatly improves after some additions and everyone can tell me how he "all of a sudden figured out how to coach" and that it wasnt a talent issue.

And who didnt know our line was crap? Everyone knew it. So you think they needed to be called out and held accountable? Ok, he did it, now tell me how it helped the line get any better.

I mean if you hold them accountable, they get better right? Why didnt they?? Feel free anyone, speak up on how it helped the team.........

Now Im sure this team will be so much better next season, because CJ said we were very very very far away.

Justified or not, he is captain obvious and people are somehow praising him for that. Some of those same people, also criticized Manning for the same exact thing, clearly making them hypocrites. (not saying YOU are one)

And again, i have always blamed the line but people say they want to see accountability, dont use that word and CJ. He has always blamed others.

I may sound like I am belittling people, but its not my intention. I am "calling it like i see it", isnt that what you guys are praising CJ for? Again, some of the same exact people praising him, were bashing Manning for the same thing. If I were being a hypocrite, or ignorant, Id want to know.

Youre exact words........

Yeah, I just don't get this. I do want him to say Amano sucks when he sucks. As well, I want coaches to call out players when they don't perform. I want accountability.

So then tell me how him "holding the line accountable last season" helped this team in any way what so ever.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Alzarius

Because he always points the finger, and complains to everyone else. I am not a CJ hater, I am a Titans lover. I dont get on a persons bandwagon and treat them better or worse because they are my favorite.I just call it like i see it. You dont mind when CJ does it, why does it bother you so much when others do it and it has some type of negativity involving CJ?

except maybe McNair, who is still a demi God to football in my eyes.

Do you REALLY believe this??? You think CJ is doing any more than our coaches and front office is doing by going to the media and talking?

LOL

P.S. Changes have already been made, before CJ said anything.

3. Alzarius

And I am not a CJ hater, you can review my posts the past 2 seasons saying both CJ but the majority of the problems with our running game was the line. fwiw

4. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

Did you know Aaron Rodgers didn't even start calling audibles until a year after he won a super bowl?

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

and the Titans had to pass on thrid and short cause :cj: cannot get it done when it counts the most

7. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

take cj's garbage time carries out of the picture and he isnt in the top 15 in yards....he was young and was only good at one thing and that is long runs, anyone who saw the games and how he and lendale did could tell that. If you combine that with the way the nfl was evolving, we never should of extended him especially when you have rb's that are starting that are drafted outside of the first round...i thought we should of traded him for at least a first and second which im sure we could of gotten then but now everyone sees that he is a big play runner and that is it, along with his inconsistency in yards per carry we could probably only get a 2nd for him unless fish face would want him lol

8. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Oh yeah, I forgot, we fired our executive Vice President, kept our clueless Offensive Coordinator, fired our best coordinator (special teams), and let the guy who coaches a 50 point defense keep his job. CHANGE WE CAN BELIEVE IN!

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

And offense that was in the bottom half of the league and was pedestrian. We would have made the playoffs without Johnson just by playing defense and slamming LenDale White up the middle 20 times a game.

Johnson has never carried this team anywhere.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Chris Johnson was the perfect pick for that 2008 team. With a defense that gave up around 17 points all this offense needed was one big play per game to change the tide of the game. This team needs something that is more sustainable than a flash play here and there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar