Chris Johnson Pass?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Nov 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tennygrl619

tennygrl619 Rookie

I thought it was awesome to see the Titans call a play like that. Unfortunately no, it didn't work, but at least now we know they can do "special" plays.

2. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

Frank Wycheck used to execute that play nicely. I'd like to see it tried again, but Chris needs to work on his throwing skills before we attempt it again.

3. Titans Reign

Titans Reign Camp Fodder

The play call was successful in that now every team that prepares for the Titans will know that we're willing to be more creative offensively. When CJ begins a sweep, the defenses will wonder, even if only for a split second, if he's going to throw. That milisecond defensive hesitation is what can make a 2 yard play into a 50 yard play. The NFL season is a chess match; sometimes you have to prepare for the move that will take place 7 moves from now, not the current one.

4. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

It seemed to me when he was handed the ball he didnt never have a good hold on it and never got a good grip on the ball. He has pressure coming so he just threw it. I think if he hand a better grip on the ball he would made a better pass. I liked the play though.

5. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I don't mind the call, although I'd prefer to be able to just impose our will inside the 10. Scaife was open - Johnson just never got a handle on it, which is why you tend to leave the passing duties to the QB. I'd like it better with a guy who used to play QB - like a Drew Bennett type. The thing I liked most was our willingness to get aggressive in the redzone and not settle for the FG. The CJ pass, the 4th & 1... the specific plays I was just ok with, but the thinking behind them I really like. But a 1-6 team will do those things while a 6-1 team won't.

6. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

I liked it. We've been asking for Wildcat all season, the option is a decent tactic as well.

I did not like when we would roll the option to the short side of the field however. I don't think we ran the option to Vince's right at all, always to his left.

7. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

the option would be sick but VY always tosses it to CJ and its always too early so that the DB doesnt bite on VY, which would free up CJ. they just need to work on it a little more i guess

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I was watching that play with this confused look on my face. Like to say - what the F. Then after realizing why C.J. was in 1st gear on a toss I kept looking at the screen with this look on my face. I mean I was watching the Titans of all teams attempt a trick play. I saw the Colts use it so then figured that's why we're trying it. Then this fluttering pass comes out after butterfingers over there gave the play away, but he throws to a receiver who was waaaay out of bounds. Why not just take off after you tipped the defense?

And that option play they keep using: I am just anticipating the ball getting snatched right out of the air sooner or later.

9. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

I think it's nice to see us trying a few new things. Obviously it could use some work to polish things up but I think when you're 1-6 you have to take some chances and get aggressive.

10. iQon

iQon Starter

I liked what I saw yesterday. We obviously faced a good Run D yesterday, and they went out of character to put a few points on the board. CJ passing was a welcome surprise and SHOULD have been 6. This is something pretty much every team does, and for whatever reason, we never do. I also saw a college QB option. lol

I'd like to see them continue to work on implementing the option though, seeing how well it worked yesterday. I really like the prospect of Vince, CJ, and maybe Javon on the field with Scaife, Britt, and Gage/Washington. That has the potential to keep teams on their toes against us, guessing whether we're running or throwing. A lot of big gains to be had if they get it down pat and give it depth in the playbook.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar