Chris Johnson Just Guaranteed we make the playoffs

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansJonne, Nov 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

I just checked out Inside the NFL and they interviewed CJ and asked him to make some bold predictions and asked about him and vy and ap.
    Here's the summary:
    Vince Youngs mobility opens up lanes for him.
    He doesn't want to compare himself to AP.
    Nobody in football can keep up with him.
    He WILL reach 2,000 yds.
    And if he does, the linemen will be getting a nice gift, he stated he never actually promised cars.

And We WILL make the playoffs. His full response was this:
    Chris Collinsworth: Do the Titans make the playoffs?
    CJ: Yea, im putting that on my back, i know everyone is saying it won't happen because a team that started 0-6 has never made the playoffs before but we will be the first team to do it.

Maybe it is crazy and a bold prediction, but i must say. It feels awesome to have a guy like him on this team. These last 10 will be worth watching.

2. LiLTex12

LiLTex12 Starter

Nothing wrong with that at all in my opinion. All that tells me is that he's going to play his butt off to make it happen.

Gotta take it one game at a time though.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

yeah i dont think it will happen.

4. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

cj is an idiot, but hes really fast so its all good

5. LiLTex12

LiLTex12 Starter

Are you saying he's an idiot for his comment? Would you rather him say "No, there's no chance we make it."

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

CJ needs to be barred from public speaking
    I didn't hear the interview, but I heard Dan Patrick cut him off shortly after saying hello
    between Vince claiming SB and HOF and CJ claiming playoffs - who knows
    let them both talk. they look like they're having fun together
    I am enjoying watching them

as long as we stay off the damn ESPN magazine, and CJ doesn't do the Madden, I'm good

7. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

You've got to love his confidence. He could of easily have said "well, we'll see how things go" but he just puts it on the line.

I honestly think we can. If he shows this much confidence in interviews then think about what he's been saying/will be saying in the locker room and on the field.

8. AH3

AH3 Rookie

Bold claim, but gotta love his attitude. He's certainly put the team on his back these past few games! If he keeps doing what he's been doing, good things will happen to the Titans. Maybe not playoffs this year, but definitely in the future.

9. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

With him and vince back there they're bringing a swagger to our offense that I haven't seen in tennessee.

10. eds clothing

eds clothing Camp Fodder

I like his confidence but I don't see any way possible that we could make it to the playoffs not this year we dug ourselves in to far of a hole.:grrr:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar