Chris Johnson Hopes To Be Pretty In Pink

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansJonne, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Pink isn’t a color that usually makes its way into the game of football, but Titans running back Chris Johnson will do his part to change that on Sunday in Jacksonville.

Johnson plans to wear pink cleats and gloves, doing his part to support Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

Chris Johnson

“It is not about manly and football, it is about breast cancer. So you are just supporting them basically,’’ Johnson said. “We are showing everybody out there who has breast cancer we support them.’’

All NFL teams will join in wearing everything from pink cleats, wristbands, gloves, sideline caps, helmet decals. Coaches are also expected to wear pink caps and pink ribbon pins. Goalposts will be wrapped in pink padding.

Tight end Bo Scaife and quarterback Vince Young are also among the players expected to wear pink, though not every player will take part.

“I am looking for a pink mouthpiece, something like that to do it all out,’’ Johnson said. “Pink everywhere.’’

2. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

When you are the fastest man in the NFL, you can wear WTF you want IMO.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Someone wanted an excuse to wear pink.

Eh. Whatever floats his boat, I guess.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

5. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

that looks like it should have a hello kitty sticker on it ...

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I support woman fighting any kind of cancer, especially breast cancer. My aunt died several years ago from breast cancer. It'll be different seeing pink during all of this months games, but it is for a good cause. Good for C.J. to look past the color and see its more important meaning. It's good to see the high profile players getting involved.

7. latiger12

latiger12 Camp Fodder

Maybe he will be running so fast, the cleats will look red....:hmm:

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Huh? This is a league-wide initiative. Certain players (the more prominent ones) were asked by the league to wear pink.

9. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Don't let breast cancer steal second base!

10. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

This is kind of cool, breast cancer sucks, my aunt recently battled with breast cancer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar