Chris Johnson: ‘Run game ain’t working’

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Sep 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If you go back a watch his old highlights, you'll see him break tons of tackles. So don't tell me he's too small to break tackles.... he once lead the league in broken tackles if you can believe that.

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Obviously you didn't, but your defense of CJ is legendary as is your endless OL tirading.
    The line sucks, but CJ ain't much better. Accept it.

3. JCBRAVE

Maybe we can get one of our DT's to line up at RB.

4. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

CJ ain't much better because of the line and system he is in. If you put him in a system that knows how to use him, hes deadly. It has nothing to do with "CJ's done" or "CJ's lost a step". It has to do with the system and lack of blocking, because like I've mentioned it before he is a back that requires good blocking otherwise he is useless unless he is used like Darren Sproles. Accept it!

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

It blows my mind that some people still think CJ is the same guy he was in 08-09.

He has CLEARLY lost a step. Even most analysts are finally admitting it. And his motivation is spotty at best. Sometimes he gives it his all. Sometimes he justlays down. All depends on how he's feeling at any given moment I guess.

6. TitansWillWin2

How do you know hes lost a step when you havent seen him have a chance to show his speed because there is no openings?!?! When I see him caught from behind on a straight run like he used to get the opportunity too, I will say he's lost a step. Just because an anaylst says something does not make it true. Hell, I've seen several anaylysts make statements that had no evidence to back them up. Even worse I've seen them make statements on or about games without clearly even watching games!

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. TitansWillWin2

Also if there is 3 defensive lineman and 1 lb in front of you, there is no reason for a 200 pound rb to try and take them on. Only bad things came happen with that! (like fumbles or injuries)

8. MFister

MFister Rookie

Please Please stop the CJ hate. He is a good back that any other team would love to have. In case you didn't know CJ is averaging 1.1 yards a carry. Also, he is averaging 1.2 yards per carry AFTER CONTACT. This means that he is constantly getting hit in the backfield. Some of this is the OL's fault. Some of it is the coaches fault. And yes on some runs CJ could get a yard or two more but he is not a power back that is gonna bulldoze people and push the pile. Any good RB in the league wouldn't have gained more than 20 yards against the Chargers with our piss poor blocking. So stop hating on CJ and look for problems elsewhere.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. JCBRAVE

I only wish this were half true, cause maybe then we'd be able to unload the little guy.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. MFister

MFister Rookie

How is this not half true?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar