Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Chris Johnson: ‘Run game ain’t working’

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Sep 16, 2012.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 6 users.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Parking Lot B Stud Duck

Moolah:
    $826
    Right or Wrong, Chris Johnson fan or not, at least he is saying publicly that there is a problem. We are in for a dismal season and only wish now is for good draft picks next year. With that in mind, the best draft picks in the world won't help us with our coaching staff.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $10,406
    Yet Ruud was replaced by McCarthy, Locker is in for Hasselbeck,. Shaun Smith was booted to the curb for Casey and, just recently, Babineaux gets sidelined for Johnson.
    nbtoppers2, CJtheBeast, GoT and 3 others high five this.
  1. titanfan77 Rookie

Moolah:
    $43
    nbtoppers2, CJtheBeast, GoT and 3 others high five this.
  2. TheSureThing WHY DIDNT YOU DRAFT JOHNNY FOOTBALL?!?

Washington
    Moolah:
    $11,036
    Locker is in for Hasselbeck only because he is younger, I'm not convinced he's better in any way...Casey for Smith, again, whats the difference? one scrub for another.

The statement I'll stick to is we employ scrubs that no other team would...More often than not we start them too. McCarthy and Johnson, Wright, those are the exceptions..
    Obie09 and Titans Eternal high five this.
  3. LANGSTER Starter

Moolah:
    $3,801
    It is hard to run the ball out of the shotgun. It appears we want to throw the ball out of the shotgun 35 to 50 times a game, if that is the case play hasslebeck. With the way our line stinks he will be up right about a half. We are not committed to running the football. The blocking scheme stinks and the line has regressed in pass blocking as well. No pulling and driving people off the football. No toss sweeps no options and no bootlegs. It is not working the point is well taken.
    Obie09 and Titans Eternal high five this.
  4. Raistmagic Starter

Moolah:
    $268
    I don't understand the offensive play calling.

We know the line is bad. We know that CJ is struggling.

Why can't we mix it up????

Where are the screens?? Where are the QB bootlegs?? Something??
    Obie09 and JCBRAVE high five this.
  5. JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

Casey
    Moolah:
    $217,634
    I sure do wish we'd run a reverse, that would keep LB's off CJ some, but noooo, we wanna crash into our own guys for losses.
    afcsouthdom high fives this.
  6. cdubbs2121 Starter

C. Johnson
    Moolah:
    $4,464
    Anyone see his interview after the game? Man that was sorry. Dude is lost, haven't seen him like that.

As much as everyone trolls him, I can't see him losing THAT much of a step to equate for not getting fifteen yards a game.

I'm not really up on the offensive line but they seem horrible at almost all aspects right now...Is anyone a bright spot? I remember Stewart has been applauded in previous seasons as being one of the more solid LTs in the league.
    CJtheBeast high fives this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Creeping-Cruds GIV'R!

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $3,922

Playcalling is absurd..
    CJ up the gut on every first down (until they abandon the run that is..)
    [IMG]
  7. Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Wright
    Moolah:
    $6,207
    Amen! Definitely had me going WTF! I don't get it. Kenny Britt nailed it right on the head in his postgame interview when he pointed out that we need to be getting after it on 1st and 2nd down. We can't wait until it's 3rd and long before we take a chance to make something happen. It's pretty f***ing simple if you ask me, I don't understand why Palmer just doesn't seem to get it. I know he's got a ton of experience and I'm just a fan but his playcalling is questionable at best and amateur at worst.
    Parking Lot B and Raistmagic high five this.