Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Chris Johnson: ‘Run game ain’t working’

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Sep 16, 2012.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 6 users.
  1. cdubbs2121 Starter

C. Johnson
    Moolah:
    $4,464
    Do you even watch the games? Or just jump on here to post your 500th post about how CJ sucks? Clearly the coaching and o-line are what's derailing the run game.

Cj would still be a weapon on a team who knows how to use him. Plain and simple.

Obvious now that letting Finnegan walk and paying guys like Griffin and Mccourty wasn't the best decision. Defense is embarrassing, offense is embarrassing and it probably won't change this season if the coaches don't wake up.
    Obie09 high fives this.
  2. Titan43 Starter

George
    Moolah:
    $402
    You suck!!!! its your fault.
  3. JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

Casey
    Moolah:
    $217,634
    No, I don't watch football, I don't even know who won the Super Bowl last year. :suspect:
    • Tip Jar Donor

Creeping-Cruds GIV'R!

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $3,922

CJ's weapon days are over not matter what the line does..
    JCBRAVE high fives this.
  4. Titan43 Starter

George
    Moolah:
    $402
    Just going by who is on the field (not including coaches) I would say its about 90% on the OL and 10% on CJ. No RB in the league could run behind our OL right now. Not Foster, not MJD, not Turner, nobody. The OL has been on a steady decline over the past few years, and that will of course affect the running game. Cj would literally have to break about 5 tackles every single play to get have an average game right now. That is just impossible. Find me an RB that can carry 5 or 6 defenders on his back for 5 yds every time he gets the ball.

But people that say CJ is done and wouldn't be a weapon on any team are just hating. I understand the frustration with the running game, and I understand that blaming CJ is the easiest out, but it just isn't true. I think CJ's personality makes it easy for some people to hate him, but anyone who watches the games should see that the problems are much much deeper.

Factor in the coaching staff, and I would say they are 100% to blame here. The scheme sucks. We don't have the personel or coaching to run the zone blocking scheme. So why are we doing it? I have no F'n idea. We NEED to at least try something different. If it doesn't work, then fine, what we are doing isn't working anyway.
    Obie09 high fives this.
  5. JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

Casey
    Moolah:
    $217,634
    Marshawn Lynch might be able to do it
    BiscoPhan11 high fives this.
  6. Titan43 Starter

George
    Moolah:
    $402
    only when he is in beast mode
  7. TitansWillWin2 Starter

McNair 2
    Moolah:
    $37,509
    Actually CJ ran over a jags lb and cushing from the texans!
  8. JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

Casey
    Moolah:
    $217,634
    So throw some skittles at him then.

Hey! maybe thats what CJ needs.

EVERYBODY, bring your skittles to LP Field this Sunday!!
  9. Titan43 Starter

George
    Moolah:
    $402
    Ok, I will bring some skittles, we will see what happens