Chris Henry...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

just doesnt have it. Rip on me for not being patient with the guy, but one thing is a must as a running back: Vision. It comes naturally. It doesn't develop, and it can't be taught. This guy had the entire right side of the field to outrun everyone for an easy touchdown, and he actually went INSIDE to run in to a defender that should have never had a chance to make the tackle. You learn in pop-warner to take the ball outside once past the line, not inside. Inside -> Out. Not Outside -> In.
    I don't care how fast he is, how much he lifts weights, he has the coordination of a giraffe and hits gaps like a lumberjack. Yes, that was a gap clothing line reference.

2. ONUV

ONUV Starter

and he doesn't know pass protection

3. Deuce Wayne

That too, but he can learn that part. I did see him jump on a defender that had already been knocked to the ground. That was pretty funny.

4. dman050586

dman050586 Starter

It looks like another dumb pick based on what they do outside the football field. (woolfolk,calico) some examples of potential. im not giving up on him but vision cant b taught.

5. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Not going to be a popular post Gloat..but very accurate. It's OK, we only used a 2nd round pick on him, even though he was ranked the #10 RB on the scouts charts.

6. Deuce Wayne

I don't believe he would've went within the first 3 rounds if we hadn't have taken him either. People say the Patriots had him high on their list, but I seriously doubt it. He seems like the perfect example of what they don't look for. The only thing I can say to his credit is that maybe he's still nervous, and he's freezing up when he should be cruising. I hope so at least. I'd at least like to see him pop up every now and then with a 15 yard run on a 3rd down or something.

7. As much as I hate to say it. This seems to be true and it is just making me mad because he has so much talent.

8. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Gloat makes a good point. Vision for a running back is probably the most "intangible" thing you can't teach a guy. Intangible is usually just a buzz word people like to throw around, but it applies well here. It's not even a mechanic, more of an instinct. Finding a route in the line before it opens, timing it, and ten timing your explosion through that hole when it does open is one of those "you either have ability, or you don't". Henry hasn't seemed to grasp that. Arizona was known to have a HORRIBLE offensive line, but it is still curious that he hasn't shown any improved vision with a very competent offensive line (something an overweight White and a easy-to-bring-down Brown have done very well this pre-season).

It comes down to if a player has rookie jitters/inexperience, of if he simpily lacks football intelligence and instincts. It's too early to tell, but I wouldn't disagree with those who lean to the later...

9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

It's still early, and he is VERY inexperienced. Chow will use him like he did RBush, getting him open in space, beit on screens and draws to develop him.

10. Give him time. HE just likes to kill shot people thats all. Sorta like Earl Campbell used to do. At least defenders will be scared to touch him. LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar