Chris Henry... Aggrivating....

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by DeutschTitan, Jan 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

I know his 24 yard TD run was to the outside, but I don't remember him doing anything productive between the tackles.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

DJB, in case you have not been paying attention there are posters here who want a back who gets 35% of his yards on 7% of his carries. That's the complaint about lendale white is that he doesn't break long runs. Well? This guy apparently can break a long run he had 2 in just 31 carries. Something to think about before we throw another high draft pick at a runningback.

3. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Sure, the Colts have a good system for Running Backs, but lets be honest here. You can't put LenDale White in that system...it won't work. His speed and pass receiving skills are abysmal and he can't make anything happen after the catch. That's my point. The Colts draft players for their system, they don't draft projects or if they sit around waiting for their guy and don't get em they don't just take whats there. That's what pissed me off about the whole Woolfolk pick. Floyd was always into that potential and also so desperate for accumulating more picks, but look at when he did that (2004). Only one of those picks will likely be here after this off season. It seems where the Colts are beating us is in the draft, because they draft football players, not science projects.

4. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

I agree. It will be interesting to see what MR does now that he's had a full year to evaluate what the Titans need...but it looks like he may be following in the 'science project' trend. Chris Henry, Antonio Johnson, Jacob Ford :suspect:

5. DJB

DJB Starter

and gets 2.5 ypc on 93% of his carries. The 2 long runs in just 31 carries sounds great on the surface but when you consider he had 2 long runs in only 31 carries and still didn't have an average over 4 makes you wonder. I'm not ready to give up on him. I hope he is 2nd RB next season. He just has alot to learn. I don't want the Titans to draft a RB either.

6. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Not only that, but the Titans didn't trust him much as a pass blocker. When you're a third string RB that has barely played a passing down, it makes the field shorter for the defense when you take the field. Basically, when he was on the field, defenses knew to attack the run. I'm certainly not going to claim him as an '09 probowl selection, but neither am I going to campaign that he be barred from camp.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

2.5 yards a carry the rest of the time!

Obviously DJB is not aware of the debate going on some threads where posters are insisting we have to draft a big play back.

I'm sure each one of henry's 31 carries has been graded by the coaching staff. I don't remeber too many holes for him.

As far as pass protection that was simply a rookie thing. Brownie and white were both dependable blockers so why put the rookie out there? Besides henry wasn't getting as many reps in practice and wasn't even active for 9 of our games. Next year he will get more playing time and be asked to do more things especially in the passing game.

Those screens and swing plays seem perfect for a guy who weighs 230 and has blazing speed. Not much to think about just grab the ball and go and i asure you DBs won't be anxious to stick their face in there when tackling him.

8. DJB

DJB Starter

How does the fact if I'm aware or not of other threads change those numbers? They are what they are.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

don't try to make or sense or anything, it's pointless.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar