Chris Henry... Aggrivating....

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by DeutschTitan, Jan 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

We spend a second round pick on Chris Henry last year and then this year, every RB and their mother is coming out, making it one of the deepest drafts at RB in a long time. Makes you wanna freak out, doesn't it?

2. ONUV

ONUV Starter

chris henry hasn't been impressive and he got suspended for 4 games.

lendale played well this year so we're 1 for 2.

a 2nd round RB in the 2008 draft will probably be a lot better than a chris henry reach in the 2nd round of 2007.

3. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Yeah, but if MR drafted another back on the first day, let alone in the 2nd...I'd say he should pack his things and try again somewhere else. Second day, sure why not....

4. Sannyasin

Sannyasin Guest

Wrong, what's past is past. You have to make decisions based on the present and future, not the past. The Chris Henry pick was idiotic the second it was announced; that was obvious.

We NEED an explosive RB and we should trade up in the second round to get Jamal Charles, period. There are 4 guys (other than McFadden) that could drastically improve our RB stable (Lendale has established his value as a short yardage back):
    Stewart, Mandenhall, Jones and Charles.

Make sure you get one of them.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yep. Everyone knew Henry was a dumb pick the moment we all heard the announcement. Some people tried telling themselves it wasn't, because he looked nice in a weight room.
    If there's a chance to get someone like Felix Jones, you go for it. 24th pick or 48th.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Ok, your starting back is out so you have to start a backup. He goes out and gives you 31 carries foir 119 yards with 2 runs over 20 yards and 2 TDs. Pretty good game eh?

Those are chris henry's stats for the season. He also caught 6 passes.

Yeah the kick returning sucked and the suspension sucked even more but this is a guy who might have enough explosiveness to make up for the 7-8 clunker plays he may have in between time. Next year he won't be a rookie and the titans will start trusting him in our shotgun packages and we can see what he can do for us as a pass receiver.

It is assinine with a capital A to to just trash this guy and go out and waste a high pick just to have a back who is different. Sanny is so out of his mind he wants to trade up with our 2nd rd pick just to draft another RB we don't need.. That's nuts!

7. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

It is pretty far fetched and even though I'm not a fan of the guy, I do support him getting more chances to prove me otherwise. However, I wouldn't mind bringing in a mid to late round draft choice, undrafted rookie or cheap vet UFA in to compete with him. Because I do not feel good about having him as our only option if and when LenDale goes down next year. Mewelde Moore would be a good option as the cheap vet UFA. I also like him as a contrast to LenDale. He's fast and a good receiver out the backfield.

8. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

I would like to see how well Chris Henry did running between the tackles compared to the outside. That's the real tale of the tape. I'd say his numbers between the tackles were pretty horrendous.

With Fisherball in full swing, I don't see why we don't invest a top pick in a beast runner and be done with it for the next 8 or so years. There's a whole bushel of them coming out this year. Rashard Mendenhall would fit our system nicely. I think we have a 1500 yard system, but are producing 1100 yard backs...

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

yeah, until you watch the tape and realize he should have had 200+ rushing. He's as blind as a bat.

10. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Honestly, that's what I was thinking when going over previous drafts. It's funny, because the Colts in 2006 lost Edge and draft Addai in the first. Look at what he's doing. Now, Eddie was starting to wear down in 2003 and we needed to draft his replacement. In that draft there was Larry Johnson. I remember reading we were very high on him, but didn't move up to grab him. That resulted in the chiefs picking him one slot ahead of us. So we then select a project cornerback and then pick up a fragile RB in the 3rd round. Now Eddie was a first round pick. He proved what a star RB can do in this system. So lets skip to the 2004's draft; Steven Jackson is available. Yet we move down and accumulate multiple picks rather than up. The majority of those picks are likely not going to be with us anymore, aside from Odom. Again, 2005 the same thing happens like in 2003. We could've selected Cadillac Williams, but the Buc's took him a pick before us.

Bottom line is, you look at the Colts and the way they draft it makes sense. If your gonna lose a superstar you draft his replacement in the first. You don't replace them with a project from the later rounds, especially on offense. After having a back like Eddie and how crucial he was to Fishers style of play on offense, we needed someone who could pound the rock and be a game breaker. Eddie could rip off the long run, LenDale can't. At least in Chris Brown's defense, he could do that, however he couldn't/cant stay on the field. So when Eddie wore down/left us we didn't adequately replace him. And you'd think, in this system that a Running Back is far more valuable than a QB. I go insane when I think about the possibilities of Larry Johnson or Jackson here in TN. Would make things easier on a rookie/2nd year QB to have a gamebreaker at RB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar