Chris Carr-Raiders

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Chris_Henry29, Jan 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey I heard he was a Restricted Free Agent. He has lots of speed and he is a very good nickel corner for the raiders. He is their kick-off and punt returner and he already has broken the raiders all-time record for most kickoff return yards with 4,841 yards. He also picked off Big Ben and returned it 100 yards for a touchdown in 06. With some practice he could be a good nickel or dime corner for us and we use him on special teams. Thats IF and a big IF pac-man does not come back. This is what we need.

http://www.nfl.com/players/chriscarr/careerstats?id=CAR356737

Just wanna see what your thoughts are........

2. Architect

Architect Pain Train

How does it work with restricted FA? We cant offer them more money than the team they are currently on? If they get a first round tender that means we have to give up our first if we sign them?

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Right. If da Raydahs put a first-round tender on him ($1.85 mil), the Titans give up the first to get him along with signing him to a long-term deal. But remember, the Raydahs could still match the offer and keep him or, sign him to a long-term deal as well.

The player can openly negotiate with other teams from March 2 to April 21 before his rights go back to his current team.

4. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Depends on what he's tendered, if he gets a first or second round tender I don't think it's worth it, but if he gets the low tender (compensation based on when he was drafted) it's definately worth it, since he was signed as an undrafted free agent I'm not sure that we'd have to give any compensation. I want to see what they tender him at before we talk about signing him, I'm sure that whether or not they resign/franchise Asomugha will play into this, if they can't keep Asomugha they'll probably overvalue him to ensure that they don't lose him.

5. I would like to have him on our team, maybe trade him for Vinny Fuller.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar