Chris Brown wants to be traded ?!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by HurricaneTitans, Jul 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Can I just say that trading Brown to Indy is absolutely INSANE. The one chink in their armor now is their running game. I hardly think we should be the ones to plug their one hole. Unless they want to plug all of ours of course. I mean I'd take a Brown for Freeney, Tarik Glenn, Nick Harper, Cato June and Bob Sanders trade. We might have to throw in Kinney and a fourth but I'd be okay with that. :brow:

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Indeed. Look at the carries.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

i would want Cato June or Harper.

4. TitanJeff

That depends. Though I don't totally blame Brown for the lack of a rushing game when he doesn't get the touches, he's not of the caliber to start demanding a new contract or trade me based on his career so far. He's not been on the field enough. He fumbles too often. He doesn't get the short yardage pickup for a big back.

Bottom line, he needs to put together a total season if he wants a long-term deal.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'd agree with the blocking hampering our run game.

I think the trade issue doesn't hurt us. If brown wants to be scouting a trade, that's fine, we don't have to take anything we don't really want. Give us a good corner or at least an acceptable one and another player and I'll toss you Brown.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

He's not a failure. He's also not a star. I'm not offended by him asking to be traded, but it shows that he doesn't want to be here. Maybe you can't blame him for that, but a player that doesn't want to be here is less valuable.

7. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

I just wonder about the timing and the intelligence of this move for Brown. Why now? Why didn't he ask to be traded in April? What's changed for the team since the draft? Brown is still the starting back against the Jets for us if he just doesn't make a stink.
    He should pull a Peter Sirmon and accept his role on this team. If he puts it all together this year he will get the money he wants, and the playing time as well.

8. TitanJeff

Because the Titans hadn't drafted White yet and, probably more likely, Reese wasn't going to deal with any vet contracts until the McNair issue was dealt with and the rookies signed. I'm actually surprised anything was discussed before all the rookie deals were completed.

Once Reese let them know what kind of deal he was willing to offer (which is probably nothing close what the final deal would be), the next move is for Brown to announce he wants to be traded.

And the game begins.

9. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

The 9ers are actually very happy with Barlow. They mainly blame the O-line or that’s what the papers around here always talk about.

Brown to the Colts or Houston? No way we are supposed to be rebuilding and we give a solid weapon to a team we have to play 2 times a year for as long as this young guy is on the team. Sports writers and announcers would have a field day if he were productive. Even with his injury problems Brown has shown spirts of greatness.

Out producing Jamal Lewis over the last two season is not all that great. He barely broke 1000 one year and did not the second year, those are not numbers that show domination or even better the mediocre.

I like Brown but I can not see him as a primary back in most systems and be able to get the 25 carries a game he needs without getting injured. I think he would be great with White in a split carry role but his lack of productivity in the 3rd and short situations has killed us over the last couple of years. I have heard people bring up Henry like he is at the same caliber he was in Buffalo. He is not even close. He has lost a step in speed and Buffalo knew it. Hell he has to know it to go from a 1300 yard back to a backup, to McGahee basically railroaded him out of Buffalo, to being traded to backup a young Brown. His answer to all that was to get suspended for four games on another drug violation? That just shows a lack of commitment.

I think we got White on a silver platter. Brown never complained because there was nothing to complain about until the draft. Even then the remark before the draft about White probably did not make him to scared that his position was in jeopardy. Now White is getting hype at what a steal in the draft he was and now Brown in nervous. He knows that if he does not perform well with his injuries he could fall to the #3 back and see all but no carries. Heck he could get turf toe again sit out a game or two the run game could pick up for us while he is gone and he could fine himself riding the bench the rest of the season. If that happens he would be lucky to pick up a backup position on most teams. I think that is weighing pretty heavy on him and the fact that our blocking has been less then stellar over the last couple of years he is probably worried that he could get knocked out pretty easily.

My thoughts anyways.

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

SOP for Reese. Let a player test the market and then match it if suits our needs.

Hindsight being 20/20, we stepped in it when we traded for Henry. I can only recall 2 or 3 plays that he looked like he was worth it. Henry's future is not guaranteed either if I remember the details of his recent contract. The main reason we inked him is because he came at a "damaged goods" price. He has every bit as much (or more) to prove this year than does Brown. And Brown doesn't have any substance abuse strikes against him. In the end, I think Brown will have a better year than Henry and he'll get his extension at the year's end. (unless somebody steps up with an offer too good to refuse.)

Personally, I'd like to see Brown and White as our tandem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar